Siemens S56, how to get Bluetooth working?

Last response: in Technologies
June 4, 2004 12:27:27 PM

I just acquired a Siemens S56 (Cingular) and a Bluetrek bluetooth
headset. I was successfully able to scan for the Bluetrek device, and
the S56 now reports 'BlueTrek1' in its Bluetooth device list.

However, although Bluetooth is still activated on the phone, I am
unable to get the Bluetrek to really work properly. In particular,
there is no audio on the headset when I place a call, and pressing the
headset button to answer a call has no effect.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Neither the Bluetrek nor the S56
manual provide any hints.
June 22, 2004 5:05:04 PM

jaepstein_63@yahoo.com (Jonathan Epstein) wrote in message news:<27e4d2e8.0406040727.3506d917@posting.google.com>...
> I just acquired a Siemens S56 (Cingular) and a Bluetrek bluetooth
> headset. I was successfully able to scan for the Bluetrek device, and
> the S56 now reports 'BlueTrek1' in its Bluetooth device list.
>
> However, although Bluetooth is still activated on the phone, I am
> unable to get the Bluetrek to really work properly. In particular,
> there is no audio on the headset when I place a call, and pressing the
> headset button to answer a call has no effect.
>
> Thanks in advance for any guidance. Neither the Bluetrek nor the S56
> manual provide any hints.

I don't have that phone, but the s56 is compatible with the bluetrek
headset. I have the se t608, and I go into bluetooth settings and set
the headset sound to headset only, all calls and ringtones come in
through the headset, unless it is powered off. I also use the
Bluetrek1 headset.
!