Siemens S56, how to get Bluetooth working?

I just acquired a Siemens S56 (Cingular) and a Bluetrek bluetooth
headset. I was successfully able to scan for the Bluetrek device, and
the S56 now reports 'BlueTrek1' in its Bluetooth device list.

However, although Bluetooth is still activated on the phone, I am
unable to get the Bluetrek to really work properly. In particular,
there is no audio on the headset when I place a call, and pressing the
headset button to answer a call has no effect.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. Neither the Bluetrek nor the S56
manual provide any hints.
1 answer Last reply
More about siemens bluetooth working

    jaepstein_63@yahoo.com (Jonathan Epstein) wrote in message news:<27e4d2e8.0406040727.3506d917@posting.google.com>...
    > I just acquired a Siemens S56 (Cingular) and a Bluetrek bluetooth
    > headset. I was successfully able to scan for the Bluetrek device, and
    > the S56 now reports 'BlueTrek1' in its Bluetooth device list.
    >
    > However, although Bluetooth is still activated on the phone, I am
    > unable to get the Bluetrek to really work properly. In particular,
    > there is no audio on the headset when I place a call, and pressing the
    > headset button to answer a call has no effect.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any guidance. Neither the Bluetrek nor the S56
    > manual provide any hints.

    I don't have that phone, but the s56 is compatible with the bluetrek
    headset. I have the se t608, and I go into bluetooth settings and set
    the headset sound to headset only, all calls and ringtones come in
    through the headset, unless it is powered off. I also use the
    Bluetrek1 headset.

Bluetooth Siemens Gaming Headsets