Need help compiling a list of times I was right when every..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

I'm missing some, MSGojo, so help me out if you see something, k?

1 PSP games costing more than DS games
2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales
3 GWB winning the election
4 Mattinglyfan is a bitch
5 The DS being gobbled up like wine coolers at Neverland Ranch
6 ...?

Things I was wrong about.

1 ...?
92 answers Last reply
More about need compiling list times every
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:

    > Things I was wrong about.
    >
    > 1. Deciding not to kill myself this morning
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > I'm missing some, MSGojo, so help me out if you see something, k?
    >
    > 1 PSP games costing more than DS games
    > 2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales
    > 3 GWB winning the election
    > 4 Mattinglyfan is a bitch
    > 5 The DS being gobbled up like wine coolers at Neverland Ranch
    > 6 ...?
    >
    > Things I was wrong about.

    1)Fred doesn't fanny about!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "TNKEV" <kthune@alexanderjeepfrankling.com> wrote in message

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm missing some, MSGojo, so help me out if you see something, k?
    >>
    >> 1 PSP games costing more than DS games
    >> 2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales
    >> 3 GWB winning the election
    >> 4 Mattinglyfan is a bitch
    >> 5 The DS being gobbled up like wine coolers at Neverland Ranch
    >> 6 ...?
    >>
    >> Things I was wrong about.
    >
    > 1)Fred doesn't fanny about!

    Come on, now you're just fannying about, and I haven't time for fannying
    about, so if you want to fanny about, find someone else to fanny about with
    and go about your fannying and waste someone else's time with your fannying
    about, for I haven't the time to fanny about! I'm a very busy man with many
    important things to do, and fannying about isn't high on the list.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "TNKEV" <kthune@alexanderjeepfrankling.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > >> I'm missing some, MSGojo, so help me out if you see something, k?
    > >>
    > >> 1 PSP games costing more than DS games
    > >> 2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales
    > >> 3 GWB winning the election
    > >> 4 Mattinglyfan is a bitch
    > >> 5 The DS being gobbled up like wine coolers at Neverland Ranch
    > >> 6 ...?
    > >>
    > >> Things I was wrong about.
    > >
    > > 1)Fred doesn't fanny about!
    >
    > Come on, now you're just fannying about, and I haven't time for fannying
    > about, so if you want to fanny about, find someone else to fanny about
    with
    > and go about your fannying and waste someone else's time with your
    fannying
    > about, for I haven't the time to fanny about! I'm a very busy man with
    many
    > important things to do, and fannying about isn't high on the list.

    LOL you must have that ready to paste so you don't have to fanny about
    writing it.
    I am laughing my ass off dude! seriously,I have a grate time reading your
    posts!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "joemono" <joe@REMOVE-monterosso.net> wrote in message
    > Fred Liken wrote:
    >
    >> Things I was wrong about.
    >>
    >> 1. Deciding not to kill myself this morning

    I'm far too important to kill myself.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > I'm missing some, MSGojo, so help me out if you see something, k?
    >
    > 1 PSP games costing more than DS games
    > 2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales
    > 3 GWB winning the election
    > 4 Mattinglyfan is a bitch
    > 5 The DS being gobbled up like wine coolers at Neverland Ranch
    > 6 ...?
    >
    > Things I was wrong about.
    >
    > 1 ...?

    1) Claiming you purchased an import PSP from Japan and it didn't work
    2) Ever being laid in your lifetime
    3) Sending LL Cool Names that picture of yourself in the wife beater
    4) Claiming Dora the Explorer was "Hot as bull's nuts"
    5) Telling your mom you were just brushing your teeth
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > 1) Claiming you purchased an import PSP from Japan and it didn't work

    Yep, that's something everyone said was wrong that I was right about.

    > 2) Ever being laid in your lifetime

    Ditto. At least you're catching up.

    > 3) Sending LL Cool Names that picture of yourself in the wife beater

    ? Did I miss a Photoshop? Damn!

    > 4) Claiming Dora the Explorer was "Hot as bull's nuts"

    Who's Dora the Explorer?

    > 5) Telling your mom you were just brushing your teeth

    Yep, you can throw stones since you've never taken your wee pee for a spin
    alone...
    Doesn't it work?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <42a9c49b$0$2493$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >I'm missing some, MSGojo, so help me out if you see something, k?
    >
    >1 PSP games costing more than DS games
    >2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales
    >3 GWB winning the election
    >4 Mattinglyfan is a bitch
    >5 The DS being gobbled up like wine coolers at Neverland Ranch
    >6 ...?
    >
    >Things I was wrong about.
    >
    >1 ...?

    1. Never said you were wrong on this one.
    2. Wrong. PSP selling well.
    3. Wrong in spirit. He might of won but in the end we all lose because of it.
    4. Wrong. Look in the mirror for your picture of a bitch.
    5. Wrong. The PSP is whats being gobbled up. Even in Japan where the DS has
    been coming out with all kinds of special deals and special colors to boost
    sales its still only neck and neck with the PSP that has no special colors or
    special come on deals.
    6. Just about everything you open your mouth about.

    Well 1 out of 6 is just about the right ratio for you being right and wrong.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    > 5. Wrong. The PSP is whats being gobbled up. Even in Japan where the DS
    has
    > been coming out with all kinds of special deals and special colors to
    boost
    > sales its still only neck and neck with the PSP that has no special colors
    or
    > special come on deals.

    I don't really want to get involved in this weird thread, but boy, are you
    wrong about the DS and PSP. The DS is over a million units ahead of the PSP
    over there. The DS has sold 2.4 million units, the PSP has sold 1.37
    million. Over the last month of tracking (through May), the DS has sold
    164,000 units, while the PSP has sold 106,000. That's not "neck-and-neck".
    The month before was even worse--212,000 vs. 130,000. The DS has caught the
    PSP after it's strong start this year and passed its year-to-date numbers,
    and continues to pull away.
    Here in the US, the DS is about 700,000 units ahead, despite Sony's
    high-profile launch.
    If Sony wants to stop the nearly 2-to-1 sales (not counting GBA sales), they
    need a price drop soon.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <Xbtqe.2351$hK3.227@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> 5. Wrong. The PSP is whats being gobbled up. Even in Japan where the DS
    >has
    >> been coming out with all kinds of special deals and special colors to
    >boost
    >> sales its still only neck and neck with the PSP that has no special colors
    >or
    >> special come on deals.
    >

    >I don't really want to get involved in this weird thread, but boy, are you
    >wrong about the DS and PSP. The DS is over a million units ahead of the PSP
    >over there. The DS has sold 2.4 million units, the PSP has sold 1.37
    >million. Over the last month of tracking (through May), the DS has sold
    >164,000 units, while the PSP has sold 106,000. That's not "neck-and-neck".
    >The month before was even worse--212,000 vs. 130,000. The DS has caught the
    >PSP after it's strong start this year and passed its year-to-date numbers,
    >and continues to pull away.
    >Here in the US, the DS is about 700,000 units ahead, despite Sony's
    >high-profile launch.
    >If Sony wants to stop the nearly 2-to-1 sales (not counting GBA sales), they
    >need a price drop soon.

    Don't let the facts get in your way. The PSP was outselling the DS until
    Nintendo started with their colored units and pack in deals. Even with these
    deals the PSP is keeping up and will soon start to outsell it again. Please
    note that the PSP has sold 892,000 units this year and the DS has sold 904,000
    units. That is neck and neck my friend. Here is a link to support what I say.
    Something else I find interesting is an article in Famitsu that talks about
    how the PSP has caused Nintendo to stray from its "make money on hardware"
    strategy with the pack in deals connected to the DS.

    http://www.the-magicbox.com/topten.htm

    Now try Amazon.com and see that the PSP is #7 in videogame sales and the
    Nintendo DS is #78 in videogame sales(pretty pathetic considering how much
    cheaper the DS is). Oops looks to me like the PSP is whooping ass. Now run up
    to Gamestop and ask the guy behind the counter which handheld is selling
    better. Don't forget to listen when he gives you a reply.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Don't let the facts get in your way. The PSP was outselling the DS until
    > Nintendo started with their colored units and pack in deals. Even with
    > these
    > deals the PSP is keeping up and will soon start to outsell it again.
    > Please
    > note that the PSP has sold 892,000 units this year and the DS has sold
    > 904,000
    > units.

    Don't let the facts get in your way. The DS was out last year, so you'll
    need to add those in, Mr Dishonesty. Plus, you need to look at world sales,
    not just Japan.

    Looks like you're pretty hard up to save face, if you're doing this much
    selection in your scope. lol.

    Pathetic.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    --

    "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> 5. Wrong. The PSP is whats being gobbled up. Even in Japan where the DS
    > has
    >> been coming out with all kinds of special deals and special colors to
    > boost
    >> sales its still only neck and neck with the PSP that has no special
    >> colors
    > or
    >> special come on deals.
    >

    > I don't really want to get involved in this weird thread, but boy, are you
    > wrong about the DS and PSP. The DS is over a million units ahead of the
    > PSP
    > over there. The DS has sold 2.4 million units, the PSP has sold 1.37
    > million. Over the last month of tracking (through May), the DS has sold
    > 164,000 units, while the PSP has sold 106,000. That's not
    > "neck-and-neck".
    > The month before was even worse--212,000 vs. 130,000. The DS has caught
    > the
    > PSP after it's strong start this year and passed its year-to-date numbers,
    > and continues to pull away.
    > Here in the US, the DS is about 700,000 units ahead, despite Sony's
    > high-profile launch.

    Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    really did little to promote it before or during the release...

    > If Sony wants to stop the nearly 2-to-1 sales (not counting GBA sales),
    > they
    > need a price drop soon.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > It supports so many things(downloaded porn movies being my favorite)

    Can you name a time when you need a portable system to watch porn on?

    joemono
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <42aa7041$0$37104$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> Don't let the facts get in your way. The PSP was outselling the DS until
    >> Nintendo started with their colored units and pack in deals. Even with
    >> these
    >> deals the PSP is keeping up and will soon start to outsell it again.
    >> Please
    >> note that the PSP has sold 892,000 units this year and the DS has sold
    >> 904,000
    >> units.
    >
    >Don't let the facts get in your way. The DS was out last year, so you'll
    >need to add those in, Mr Dishonesty. Plus, you need to look at world sales,
    >not just Japan.
    >
    >Looks like you're pretty hard up to save face, if you're doing this much
    >selection in your scope. lol.
    >
    >Pathetic.

    What part of "this year" do you not understand Mr. Dipshit. Why should we add
    in last years sales in to THIS YEAR SALES NUMBERS. Get back to me on that one.

    Mr. Dexter wrote:
    "Over the last month of tracking (through May), the DS has sold
    164,000 units, while the PSP has sold 106,000. That's not "neck-and-neck".
    The month before was even worse--212,000 vs. 130,000."

    Total sales for the year place the DS at 904,000 units and the PSP at 892,000
    units which means they are neck and neck. Sorry if the truth hurts you. We all
    know what the future holds for the PSP so just go ahead and kiss up to me right
    now so it doesn't hurt so much later.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > What part of "this year" do you not understand Mr. Dipshit. Why should we
    > add
    > in last years sales in to THIS YEAR SALES NUMBERS. Get back to me on that
    > one.

    Um, because that's the only way to judge which has sold more. It's simple,
    my retarded friend. Market penetration doesn't look at how many were sold
    in one little slice of time, but rather the whole time. It doesn't matter
    how many were sold this year if the user base is larger for the DS. Also,
    looking just at this year is rediculous, because the PSP has it's launch
    this year and therefore would have an artificial boost in sales if you cut
    out the DS launch.

    Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way. :)

    > Total sales for the year place the DS at 904,000 units and the PSP at
    > 892,000
    > units which means they are neck and neck.

    Yep, the PSP had it's launch this year, and it still is behind the DS.
    Looks like you were pretty wrong about the whole mess, Pookims.

    > Sorry if the truth hurts you.

    lol.

    > We all
    > know what the future holds for the PSP so just go ahead and kiss up to me
    > right
    > now so it doesn't hurt so much later.

    Why would I? I've been right every time and you've been a fool. :)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <vICqe.29196$iU.15040@lakeread05>,
    massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net says...

    >--
    >

    >"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> 5. Wrong. The PSP is whats being gobbled up. Even in Japan where the DS
    >> has
    >>> been coming out with all kinds of special deals and special colors to
    >> boost
    >>> sales its still only neck and neck with the PSP that has no special
    >>> colors
    >> or
    >>> special come on deals.
    >>

    >> I don't really want to get involved in this weird thread, but boy, are you
    >> wrong about the DS and PSP. The DS is over a million units ahead of the
    >> PSP
    >> over there. The DS has sold 2.4 million units, the PSP has sold 1.37
    >> million. Over the last month of tracking (through May), the DS has sold
    >> 164,000 units, while the PSP has sold 106,000. That's not
    >> "neck-and-neck".
    >> The month before was even worse--212,000 vs. 130,000. The DS has caught
    >> the
    >> PSP after it's strong start this year and passed its year-to-date numbers,
    >> and continues to pull away.
    >> Here in the US, the DS is about 700,000 units ahead, despite Sony's
    >> high-profile launch.
    >
    >Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    >really did little to promote it before or during the release...

    LOL!! I can tell you one place where it had a high profile launch....Freds
    house where I'm sure Freds family was crawling the walls having to deal with
    poor little Freddy being in such a tizzy.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >>Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    >>really did little to promote it before or during the release...
    >
    > LOL!! I can tell you one place where it had a high profile launch....Freds
    > house where I'm sure Freds family was crawling the walls having to deal
    > with
    > poor little Freddy being in such a tizzy.

    LMFAO!
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <42ab24d3$0$2519$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> What part of "this year" do you not understand Mr. Dipshit. Why should we
    >> add
    >> in last years sales in to THIS YEAR SALES NUMBERS. Get back to me on that
    >> one.
    >
    >Um, because that's the only way to judge which has sold more. It's simple,
    >my retarded friend. Market penetration doesn't look at how many were sold
    >in one little slice of time, but rather the whole time. It doesn't matter
    >how many were sold this year if the user base is larger for the DS. Also,
    >looking just at this year is rediculous, because the PSP has it's launch
    >this year and therefore would have an artificial boost in sales if you cut
    >out the DS launch.
    >
    >Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way. :)

    Read the original post and realize that he was talking about this years sales
    and not(specifically the last two months) and not total sales to date. You
    must realize that retail tracking tracks many different sales numbers
    including everything we've been talking about. Surely you understand this. No
    matter though because the PSP will soon be leading in overall sales too. Make
    sure you tape up all the glass in your house right now because things are
    going to get messy when the PSP starts to clean plow and you start breaking
    glass with all the throwing of bullshit you will be doing.

    >> Total sales for the year place the DS at 904,000 units and the PSP at
    >> 892,000
    >> units which means they are neck and neck.
    >
    >Yep, the PSP had it's launch this year, and it still is behind the DS.
    >Looks like you were pretty wrong about the whole mess, Pookims.

    I wasn't wrong about it. Just wait till this time next year and you will
    realize just how right little Pookims JoJo was.

    >> Sorry if the truth hurts you.
    >
    >lol.
    >
    >> We all
    >> know what the future holds for the PSP so just go ahead and kiss up to me
    >> right
    >> now so it doesn't hurt so much later.
    >
    >Why would I? I've been right every time and you've been a fool. :)

    Right about what? Being the dumbass that you are? Ok you got me on that one.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

    > Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    > really did little to promote it before or during the release...

    What, you didn't see it on the news? I sure did, and I don't even have
    TV--I caught it while out somewhere. They made a big deal of it,
    interviewed people waiting in line, etc. The DS sure didn't get attention
    like that.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    >> really did little to promote it before or during the release...
    >
    > What, you didn't see it on the news? I sure did, and I don't even have
    > TV--I caught it while out somewhere. They made a big deal of it,
    > interviewed people waiting in line, etc. The DS sure didn't get attention
    > like that.

    The "news" is a lot different than commercials which were completely absent
    until AFTER launch or an MTV special. Or even a G4 TV special for that
    matter. Sony dropped the ball in terms of hype.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    --

    "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    >> really did little to promote it before or during the release...
    >
    > What, you didn't see it on the news? I sure did, and I don't even have
    > TV--I caught it while out somewhere. They made a big deal of it,
    > interviewed people waiting in line, etc. The DS sure didn't get attention
    > like that.

    There was some, but what I saw it was pretty slim. And there was really no
    advertising to speak of as far Tv goes leading into the release of it. The
    PSP launch was far from being high profile...many people didn't even know it
    had been released.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <42ab24d3$0$2519$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >Yep, the PSP had it's launch this year, and it still is behind the DS.
    >Looks like you were pretty wrong about the whole mess, Pookims.

    Game, set and match goes to Pookims.....

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/10/screens_6127362.html?page=4

    http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/granturismo/index.html

    http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/wrc/index.html

    http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/daxter/index.html

    http://www.gamespot.com/psp/adventure/medievil/index.html

    http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/index.html

    Oh yeah baby...let the good times roll!!!
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <62Hqe.2909$jX6.819@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net says...

    >"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    >> really did little to promote it before or during the release...
    >
    >What, you didn't see it on the news? I sure did, and I don't even have
    >TV--I caught it while out somewhere. They made a big deal of it,
    >interviewed people waiting in line, etc. The DS sure didn't get attention
    >like that.

    It wasn't as big of deal with fewer units being sold.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) writes:
    > I have only stated the fact that the PSP will kick the DS in the ass in the
    > long run. It supports so many things(downloaded porn movies being my
    > favorite) that the DS simply can't compete.

    Now that I don't understand. How is a portable good for porn? Both of your
    hands are occupied holding the PSP. You can't exactly watch it on the train
    either. That is one application, I think, that is better for the home
    entertainment system in the darkened living room :-).

    --
    Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
    The Rhythm has control.

    "Ray Blaak" <rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net> wrote in message
    > jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) writes:
    >> I have only stated the fact that the PSP will kick the DS in the ass in
    >> the
    >> long run. It supports so many things(downloaded porn movies being my
    >> favorite) that the DS simply can't compete.
    >
    > Now that I don't understand. How is a portable good for porn? Both of your
    > hands are occupied holding the PSP. You can't exactly watch it on the
    > train
    > either. That is one application, I think, that is better for the home
    > entertainment system in the darkened living room :-).

    Uhhh, you don't HAVE to manipulate yourself every time you watch porn.
    Sometimes it can be for plot.

    > --
    > Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
    > The Rhythm has control.
    > Ray Blaak The Rhythm is inside me,
    > rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net The Rhythm has my soul.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <umzpwva3p.fsf@STRIPCAPStelus.net>, rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net
    says...

    >jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) writes:
    >> I have only stated the fact that the PSP will kick the DS in the ass in the
    >> long run. It supports so many things(downloaded porn movies being my
    >> favorite) that the DS simply can't compete.
    >
    >Now that I don't understand. How is a portable good for porn? Both of your
    >hands are occupied holding the PSP. You can't exactly watch it on the train
    >either. That is one application, I think, that is better for the home
    >entertainment system in the darkened living room :-).
    >
    >--
    >Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
    > The Rhythm has control.
    >Ray Blaak The Rhythm is inside me,
    >rAYblaaK@STRIPCAPStelus.net The Rhythm has my soul.

    A bathroom stall and speed tape will take care of all problems.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > The DS is falling behind here in the US. It won't cool off when people
    realize
    > they can play games that look as good as the ones at home while on the
    run.
    > Not sure what you mean by support...most big companies have announced a
    bunch
    > of titles for the PSP but the DS has more that are closer to coming out
    > because of its headstart.

    The DS isn't falling behind here yet, it's still way ahead. It's selling
    slower. That's not the same thing. This time of the year is almost devoid
    of software releases, and that hurts the DS a lot more than the PSP, because
    of the movie/music features, etc.

    As for the support, maybe it is just that the DS has more coming sooner,
    although I doubt that has much to do with its small head start at retail--it
    seems like Nintendo threw together the DS and got developers signed on after
    Sony was prepared to go ahead with the PSP. It's probably more to do with
    faster dev times (2D stuff, etc). If you look at a release calendar for the
    rest of the year (or beyond, try ebgames.com), the DS has quite a few more
    games on the way than the PSP. The PSP calendar looks big, but it has a lot
    of movies on it.

    > Its been selling solid here in the US since launch and the NPD numbers
    support
    > that.

    I don't doubt it. I don't watch TV--don't even have it at home--but I've
    seen quite a few PSP commercials, just from seeing TVs in stores, etc. They
    seem to be marketing it heavily.

    > I was totally writing off the DS until they showed those two adventure
    style
    > games at E-3 called Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney and Trauma Center:Under
    the
    > Knife. Now I'm getting pretty interested in the DS. That Trauma Center
    game
    > puts the touch screen to good use unlike Mario DS. If they continue to
    make
    > games like these(they both kind of remind me of Snatcher on the Sega CD)
    then
    > I think the DS will have a good chance of getting older gamers like myself
    > buy one.

    Those don't have much appeal to me (I'm 32), but it's good to have your
    genres covered, and get original and innovative games. That's one thing the
    PS2 has always had over the Cube and Xbox--it has every genre well-covered.
    The others have holes and weak areas in their lineups, to this day.

    > Hell I'll be here even if I'm dead wrong. Unlike Fred I'm not hung up with
    > always being right. I wouldn't mind it at all if the DS wins(I'm no fan of
    > Sony either) but I just have a feeling that the PSP has to many features
    and
    > too much power for the DS to compete. Even with the price difference the
    PSP
    > is selling well...just imagine when they drop the price.

    I don't think it's the PSP's features that will help it in the long run.
    They're gimmicks, and really impractical. They're being made a big deal of
    now, but the novelty will wear off. The movie player might be an exception,
    which is idiotic considering the prices on UMDs, but apparently UMD sales
    are very good. And power has never won in the portable area. There are
    higher concerns--battery life, size, ease of use, etc. The PSP does ok on
    all those, despite pre-launch grumbles. What bugs me about the PSP are the
    load times, which are pretty bad, and the lack of 2D games. Portables are
    the last breeding ground for 2D, and it's a good match, because 2D games are
    better suited for on-the-go play.
    But I really think what's going to sell the PSP is simply the Playstation
    brand name, more than anything else. All Sony needs to do is get the
    pricing down to sane levels.

    > I thought Nintendo was seared into their handheld brains over there? PSP
    sales
    > will pick up when the games start rolling out(you know those weird Jap
    games).

    Nintendo's done very well with the GBA, but it hasn't had a strong
    competitor since Sega's Game Gear. Nintendo's sold about 16 million GBAs in
    Japan, vs. no competition. (insert question about how many SP's were sold
    to GBA owners here).
    Sony's sold 21 million PS2's in Japan, vs. Gamecube (insert question about
    broken PS2's and 2nd purchases here).

    I would say the Playstation brand name is stronger there than Nintendo's or
    Game Boy's (and of course, the DS isn't called Game Boy--it should have
    been). It should be a tough fight.
    Oh-and those "weird Jap games"? That's definitely a strength of the DS over
    the PSP. Nothing on the PSP could possibly be as weird as the "DS training"
    IQ test thingy game. The DS is definitely going to be where the weird ones
    pop up.

    > I just remember it selling like a mother over there for the first six
    months.
    > I remember that mag called Next Generation having pictures of people
    camped
    > out for over six days in line just to get their hands on a machine that
    would
    > play Virtua Fighter. Virtua Fighter was king over there and everybody
    wanted
    > a Saturn(at least for the first year or so). Heck it ended up doing pretty
    > good over in Japan over the long haul with games still coming out for it
    clear
    > up until 2003. Its game support even out lasted the PS support. All those
    2D
    > shooters and pinball games.

    The Saturn, in my recollection, started off very strong, then slumped when
    Virtua Fighter turned out to be so unimpressive, then spiked again for VF2,
    and faded away fast when FF7 was announced for Playstation. But all that
    aside, it's not the Saturn I was talking about. The PS did solidly from its
    start, trailing the Saturn, but not by much. For example, according to Next
    Generation magazine #9 (I have every issue but #3), Sony was claiming 1
    million Playstations sold in Japan, and Sega was claiming 1.3 million
    Saturns. Their launch dates were Dec. 3rd and Nov 23rd respectively.
    That's pretty close (a lot closer than PSP and DS), and that information was
    probably from around June-July 1995 (to make the Sept. issue of NG).

    > Well it hurts them because a person can try a PSP game for a week at $6
    > instead of paying $25,$30,$40 or $50. I played all the way through Untold
    > Legends for only $6. Can't do that right now on the DS unless you get a
    > smoking deal on Ebay.

    Hurts who? Nintendo believes it hurts sales. I'm not sure they're right
    about that--the top-selling games and top rentals are always very similar.
    I think it might drive sales due to visibility and try-before-you-buy
    (something Nintendo doesn't put much weight in, considering they still have
    no monthly demo disc distribution).
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > >What, you didn't see it on the news? I sure did, and I don't even have
    > >TV--I caught it while out somewhere. They made a big deal of it,
    > >interviewed people waiting in line, etc. The DS sure didn't get
    attention
    > >like that.
    > >

    > It wasn't as big of deal with fewer units being sold.

    Well, that's reverse logic for you. If it had gotten media attention, it
    would have done better. Sony didn't sell out of PSPs on day one. They sold
    a lot the rest of the week--to people who decided to jump on the bandwagon
    after seeing it on TV.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > There was some, but what I saw it was pretty slim. And there was really no
    > advertising to speak of as far Tv goes leading into the release of it. The
    > PSP launch was far from being high profile...many people didn't even know
    it
    > had been released.

    It was the highest profile portable launch ever, I'd say. The DS launch, by
    comparison, was non-existant. Hell, even I missed it. I didn't realize it
    was out until a few days later. I definitely noticed the PSP. It was
    impossible to miss--people at work even asked me if I was going to stand in
    line! They'd seen it on the news, the day _before_ the launch. None of
    them had heard of the DS. They didn't even know what it was weeks later
    when I bought one and brought it to work.
    Sure, the pre-launch advertising for PSP was slim, but that's just Sony's
    arrogance. They expected to sell out. When they didn't, that's when they
    hit hard with the ads.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <E8Oqe.3085$jX6.1511@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> The DS is falling behind here in the US. It won't cool off when people
    >realize
    >> they can play games that look as good as the ones at home while on the
    >run.
    >> Not sure what you mean by support...most big companies have announced a
    >bunch
    >> of titles for the PSP but the DS has more that are closer to coming out
    >> because of its headstart.
    >
    >The DS isn't falling behind here yet, it's still way ahead. It's selling
    >slower. That's not the same thing. This time of the year is almost devoid
    >of software releases, and that hurts the DS a lot more than the PSP, because
    >of the movie/music features, etc.

    Its lead is falling month to month and after GTA(as long as the reviews are
    good)comes out its all over.

> [...]
    >
    >I don't think it's the PSP's features that will help it in the long run.
    >They're gimmicks, and really impractical. They're being made a big deal of
    >now, but the novelty will wear off. The movie player might be an exception,
    >which is idiotic considering the prices on UMDs, but apparently UMD sales
    >are very good. And power has never won in the portable area. There are
    >higher concerns--battery life, size, ease of use, etc. The PSP does ok on
    >all those, despite pre-launch grumbles. What bugs me about the PSP are the
    >load times, which are pretty bad, and the lack of 2D games. Portables are
    >the last breeding ground for 2D, and it's a good match, because 2D games are
    >better suited for on-the-go play.
    >But I really think what's going to sell the PSP is simply the Playstation
    >brand name, more than anything else. All Sony needs to do is get the

    Blockbuster is going to start carrying the UMD movies next week and I for one
    can't wait. I'm going to pick up that movie dock thing for $30 and have a
    blast watching movies on my break time at work. All the features are very
    practical to me including using the usb cable and having the PSP be another
    hard-drive to transfer files or transfer video/music videos/pictures.
    Everything works like a charm and is actually very fun to use.

    >> I thought Nintendo was seared into their handheld brains over there? PSP
    >sales
    >> will pick up when the games start rolling out(you know those weird Jap
    >games).
    >
    >Nintendo's done very well with the GBA, but it hasn't had a strong
    >competitor since Sega's Game Gear. Nintendo's sold about 16 million GBAs in
    >Japan, vs. no competition. (insert question about how many SP's were sold
    >to GBA owners here).
    >Sony's sold 21 million PS2's in Japan, vs. Gamecube (insert question about
    >broken PS2's and 2nd purchases here).
    >
    >I would say the Playstation brand name is stronger there than Nintendo's or
    >Game Boy's (and of course, the DS isn't called Game Boy--it should have
    >been). It should be a tough fight.
    >Oh-and those "weird Jap games"? That's definitely a strength of the DS over
    >the PSP. Nothing on the PSP could possibly be as weird as the "DS training"
    >IQ test thingy game. The DS is definitely going to be where the weird ones
    >pop up.
    >

    >> I just remember it selling like a mother over there for the first six
    >months.
    >> I remember that mag called Next Generation having pictures of people
    >camped
    >> out for over six days in line just to get their hands on a machine that
    >would
    >> play Virtua Fighter. Virtua Fighter was king over there and everybody
    >wanted
    >> a Saturn(at least for the first year or so). Heck it ended up doing pretty
    >> good over in Japan over the long haul with games still coming out for it
    >clear
    >> up until 2003. Its game support even out lasted the PS support. All those
    >2D
    >> shooters and pinball games.
    >
    >The Saturn, in my recollection, started off very strong, then slumped when
    >Virtua Fighter turned out to be so unimpressive, then spiked again for VF2,
    >and faded away fast when FF7 was announced for Playstation. But all that
    >aside, it's not the Saturn I was talking about. The PS did solidly from its
    >start, trailing the Saturn, but not by much. For example, according to Next
    >Generation magazine #9 (I have every issue but #3), Sony was claiming 1
    >million Playstations sold in Japan, and Sega was claiming 1.3 million
    >Saturns. Their launch dates were Dec. 3rd and Nov 23rd respectively.
    >That's pretty close (a lot closer than PSP and DS), and that information was
    >probably from around June-July 1995 (to make the Sept. issue of NG).

    Do you have the issue that showed people camping out waiting for the Saturn
    and the original Virtua Fighter? I remember the article kinda dogged the
    Saturn and Virtua Fighter but over in Japan it was king. They loved it with
    its flaws and all.

    >> Well it hurts them because a person can try a PSP game for a week at $6
    >> instead of paying $25,$30,$40 or $50. I played all the way through Untold
    >> Legends for only $6. Can't do that right now on the DS unless you get a
    >> smoking deal on Ebay.
    >
    >Hurts who? Nintendo believes it hurts sales. I'm not sure they're right
    >about that--the top-selling games and top rentals are always very similar.
    >I think it might drive sales due to visibility and try-before-you-buy
    >(something Nintendo doesn't put much weight in, considering they still have
    >no monthly demo disc distribution).

    The consumer.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> There was some, but what I saw it was pretty slim. And there was really
    >> no
    >> advertising to speak of as far Tv goes leading into the release of it.
    >> The
    >> PSP launch was far from being high profile...many people didn't even know
    > it
    >> had been released.
    >
    > It was the highest profile portable launch ever, I'd say. The DS launch,
    > by
    > comparison, was non-existant. Hell, even I missed it. I didn't realize
    > it
    > was out until a few days later. I definitely noticed the PSP. It was
    > impossible to miss--people at work even asked me if I was going to stand
    > in
    > line! They'd seen it on the news, the day _before_ the launch. None of
    > them had heard of the DS. They didn't even know what it was weeks later
    > when I bought one and brought it to work.
    > Sure, the pre-launch advertising for PSP was slim, but that's just Sony's
    > arrogance. They expected to sell out. When they didn't, that's when they
    > hit hard with the ads.

    No, it may have been the gaming media's most high profile but non-gamers
    don't go to gamestop.com or watch G4 so what good would that be getting
    information to the masses. Commercials and newspaper ads are what would
    accomplish that and those were non-existent until slightly before and after
    launch and in small quantity at that.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> >What, you didn't see it on the news? I sure did, and I don't even have
    >> >TV--I caught it while out somewhere. They made a big deal of it,
    >> >interviewed people waiting in line, etc. The DS sure didn't get
    > attention
    >> >like that.
    >> >

    >> It wasn't as big of deal with fewer units being sold.
    >
    > Well, that's reverse logic for you. If it had gotten media attention, it
    > would have done better. Sony didn't sell out of PSPs on day one. They
    > sold
    > a lot the rest of the week--to people who decided to jump on the bandwagon
    > after seeing it on TV.

    No they sold a lot on word of mouth because the TV commercials did not do
    the system justice. I know I had 5 students buy it within 1 month of seeing
    me bring it to school and watching Spiderman. They didn't even know what
    games they wanted at the time. They just picked one up and then started
    asking each other what games the others were going to get so they could play
    wi-fi.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Its lead is falling month to month and after GTA(as long as the reviews
    are
    > good)comes out its all over.

    I wouldn't be so sure about that. GTA is a powerful franchise, no doubt,
    but it's never done any impressive numbers in its GBA releases. It's going
    to depend on the PSP's demographic, or rather, the demographic of potential
    customers.
    The DS, on the other hand, has some proven portable franchises on the way,
    like Mario Kart, Advance Wars, Castlevania, Mega Man, and Mario Bros. They
    don't have a Pokemon RPG announced (stupid), but being that Pokemon is
    hands-down the best-selling portable franchise--even topping GTA's PS2
    sales--one might say that once they get a Pokemon game out, it's "all over".
    After all, GTA can be done on the DS if Rockstar feels like doing it
    (although they probably won't based on GBA sales). Pokemon will never be on
    a non-Nintendo machine.

    > Blockbuster is going to start carrying the UMD movies next week and I for
    one
    > can't wait. I'm going to pick up that movie dock thing for $30 and have a
    > blast watching movies on my break time at work. All the features are very
    > practical to me including using the usb cable and having the PSP be
    another
    > hard-drive to transfer files or transfer video/music videos/pictures.
    > Everything works like a charm and is actually very fun to use.

    These things are all just novelties, like I said. I have movies and songs
    on mine, too, and it's fun to show it off to people, but it's not actually a
    practical machine for any of this. I have a USB micro on my keychain that
    works much better for files. I have an mp3 player (a Rio Karma) that works
    much, much better for music. The movie player might be the exception, as I
    said, though not for me personally. Rentable UMDs will help the PSP a lot,
    though, I'll bet.

    > Do you have the issue that showed people camping out waiting for the
    Saturn
    > and the original Virtua Fighter? I remember the article kinda dogged the
    > Saturn and Virtua Fighter but over in Japan it was king. They loved it
    with
    > its flaws and all.

    Yeah, #5. The sales they had in that issue were through the end of Dec, and
    the Saturn had sold 500,000 vs. the Playstation's 300,000. They even had
    that broken by daily average--17,241 vs. 15,789. It was a good start for
    Sega.

    > >Hurts who? Nintendo believes it hurts sales. I'm not sure they're right
    > >about that--the top-selling games and top rentals are always very
    similar.
    > >I think it might drive sales due to visibility and try-before-you-buy
    > >(something Nintendo doesn't put much weight in, considering they still
    have
    > >no monthly demo disc distribution).
    > >

    > The consumer.

    Oh. Well, no arguing that. Sony needs to get a UMD demo system in
    place--another thing Nintendo's unlikely to do. Whether that's downloadable
    demos, or a monthly disc in OPM, it's important.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > In article <42ab24d3$0$2519$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >>
    >>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>Yep, the PSP had it's launch this year, and it still is behind the DS.
    >>Looks like you were pretty wrong about the whole mess, Pookims.
    >

    > Game, set and match goes to Pookims.....
    >

    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/10/screens_6127362.html?page=4
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/granturismo/index.html
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/wrc/index.html
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/daxter/index.html
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/psp/adventure/medievil/index.html
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/index.html
    >
    > Oh yeah baby...let the good times roll!!!

    OMG.... GT4 and GTA (and even Jak and possibly Ratchet probably not being to
    far behind) are going to put PSP's sales into the upper statosphere!
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <T6Vqe.2992$hK3.2387@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> Its lead is falling month to month and after GTA(as long as the reviews
    >are
    >> good)comes out its all over.
    >
    >I wouldn't be so sure about that. GTA is a powerful franchise, no doubt,
    >but it's never done any impressive numbers in its GBA releases. It's going
    >to depend on the PSP's demographic, or rather, the demographic of potential
    >customers.
    >The DS, on the other hand, has some proven portable franchises on the way,
    >like Mario Kart, Advance Wars, Castlevania, Mega Man, and Mario Bros. They
    >don't have a Pokemon RPG announced (stupid), but being that Pokemon is
    >hands-down the best-selling portable franchise--even topping GTA's PS2
    >sales--one might say that once they get a Pokemon game out, it's "all over".
    >After all, GTA can be done on the DS if Rockstar feels like doing it
    >(although they probably won't based on GBA sales). Pokemon will never be on
    >a non-Nintendo machine.

    Top down GTA games have never done as well as the 3D GTA games have done.

    >> Blockbuster is going to start carrying the UMD movies next week and I for
    >one
    >> can't wait. I'm going to pick up that movie dock thing for $30 and have a
    >> blast watching movies on my break time at work. All the features are very
    >> practical to me including using the usb cable and having the PSP be
    >another
    >> hard-drive to transfer files or transfer video/music videos/pictures.
    >> Everything works like a charm and is actually very fun to use.
    >
    >These things are all just novelties, like I said. I have movies and songs
    >on mine, too, and it's fun to show it off to people, but it's not actually a
    >practical machine for any of this. I have a USB micro on my keychain that
    >works much better for files. I have an mp3 player (a Rio Karma) that works
    >much, much better for music. The movie player might be the exception, as I
    >said, though not for me personally. Rentable UMDs will help the PSP a lot,
    >though, I'll bet.

    Not novelties for people like me who don't have an mp3 player or a usb micro.
    I just saw an article about a web browser thats coming from Sony for the PSP.
    I'm already using it at work with the wireless network but I'm having to go
    through that web portal that guy set up and it doesn't work that well on some
    sites. The web browser coming from Sony will be another big selling point for
    the PSP.

    >> Do you have the issue that showed people camping out waiting for the
    >Saturn
    >> and the original Virtua Fighter? I remember the article kinda dogged the
    >> Saturn and Virtua Fighter but over in Japan it was king. They loved it
    >with
    >> its flaws and all.
    >
    >Yeah, #5. The sales they had in that issue were through the end of Dec, and
    >the Saturn had sold 500,000 vs. the Playstation's 300,000. They even had
    >that broken by daily average--17,241 vs. 15,789. It was a good start for
    >Sega.
    >

    >> >Hurts who? Nintendo believes it hurts sales. I'm not sure they're right
    >> >about that--the top-selling games and top rentals are always very
    >similar.
    >> >I think it might drive sales due to visibility and try-before-you-buy
    >> >(something Nintendo doesn't put much weight in, considering they still
    >have
    >> >no monthly demo disc distribution).
    >> >

    >> The consumer.
    >
    >Oh. Well, no arguing that. Sony needs to get a UMD demo system in
    >place--another thing Nintendo's unlikely to do. Whether that's downloadable
    >demos, or a monthly disc in OPM, it's important.

    Agreed. Free stuff/cheap stuff always helps.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Not really. I hate what I do. I'm just a compulsive junkie and
    sometimes get entwined into "certain" debacles sometimes (heheheh, I
    should get that checked out). However, I'm an impromptu basher; running
    by the seat of my pants. It seems your hobby (in here) requires ALOT
    more time and energy. Seriously though, Nintendo might actually pay
    you if they knew how hardcore you are; ya might want to give Satoru
    Iwata a buzz.
    Well, the Cubs are on; time to go memorize some meaningless stats.

    www.IHateJohnnyDamon.com
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <n-udnWprSIJmNjHfRVn-3Q@suscom.com>, boodybandit@hotmail.com
    says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <42ab24d3$0$2519$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >>>
    >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>Yep, the PSP had it's launch this year, and it still is behind the DS.
    >>>Looks like you were pretty wrong about the whole mess, Pookims.
    >>

    >> Game, set and match goes to Pookims.....
    >>

    >> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/10/screens_6127362.html?page=4
    >>
    >> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/granturismo/index.html
    >>
    >> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/wrc/index.html
    >>
    >> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/daxter/index.html
    >>
    >> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/adventure/medievil/index.html
    >>
    >> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/index.html
    >>
    >> Oh yeah baby...let the good times roll!!!
    >
    >OMG.... GT4 and GTA (and even Jak and possibly Ratchet probably not being to
    >far behind) are going to put PSP's sales into the upper statosphere!

    Check out the screen shots for WRC. Its got me pretty stoked right now.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    --

    > In article <n-udnWprSIJmNjHfRVn-3Q@suscom.com>, boodybandit@hotmail.com
    > says...
    >>

    >>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> In article <42ab24d3$0$2519$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >>> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >>> Game, set and match goes to Pookims.....
    >>>

    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/10/screens_6127362.html?page=4
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/granturismo/index.html
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/wrc/index.html
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/daxter/index.html
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/adventure/medievil/index.html
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/index.html
    >>>
    >>> Oh yeah baby...let the good times roll!!!
    >>
    >>OMG.... GT4 and GTA (and even Jak and possibly Ratchet probably not being
    >>far behind) are going to put PSP's sales into the upper statosphere!
    >>

    > Check out the screen shots for WRC. Its got me pretty stoked right now.

    If the game, WRC is as good on the PSP as it was on the PS2 then it will be
    great...love the WRC games. One of those titles that many don't know about
    or overlooked...
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > No they sold a lot on word of mouth because the TV commercials did not do
    > the system justice. I know I had 5 students buy it within 1 month of
    seeing
    > me bring it to school and watching Spiderman. They didn't even know what
    > games they wanted at the time. They just picked one up and then started
    > asking each other what games the others were going to get so they could
    play
    > wi-fi.

    Yeah, I saw the "don't know what games there are, but I'm buying it anyway"
    phenomenon a lot. I had two acquaintances of mine ask me what games to get
    AFTER they pre-paid for the PSP. That's hype at its finest.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales

    The PSP sold 602,000 the first week. In a non holiday period (unless
    you count all those St. Patricks Day revelers).

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/07/news_6121853.html

    The DS sold 500,000 units at Christmas time with a much lower price
    point.

    http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=23442

    So while the PSP didn't sell as much of their inventory, around 60%,
    they did do bigger numbers than the DS which sold 90% of the inventory.

    - Jordan
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    What a lame ass virgin this Fred is turning out to be.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >>Yep, the PSP had it's launch this year, and it still is behind the DS.
    >>Looks like you were pretty wrong about the whole mess, Pookims.
    >
    > Game, set and match goes to Pookims.....

    Wow, a bunch of games I've already played on the PS2. Big whoop! Funny
    that any non-ports get panned.
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Nothing like a bunch of bored aircraft techs.

    hahaha
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just curious but what exactly was this "high profile launch?" Cause they
    >> really did little to promote it before or during the release...
    >
    > What, you didn't see it on the news? I sure did, and I don't even have
    > TV--I caught it while out somewhere. They made a big deal of it,
    > interviewed people waiting in line, etc. The DS sure didn't get attention
    > like that.

    Yeah, JoJo and his barrel of monkeys were all yapping about how much media
    it was getting compared to the DS. Forbes mag, etc, etc, etc...

    Didn't pan out, I guess, and now they are trying to rewrite history.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    whatever happened to civilized discussion?
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Whatever. The proper response is "Gotcha Bitch!"

    Now who's trying to rewrite history. If the PSP is a "failure" by your
    estimation because of its slow start, than what does that make the DS
    (which started out slower in spite of a holliday season under its belt)?
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

    > There was some, but what I saw it was pretty slim. And there was really no
    > advertising to speak of as far Tv goes leading into the release of it. The
    > PSP launch was far from being high profile...many people didn't even know
    > it had been released.

    Many people that didn't matter anyways. All the game sites talked about it.
    All the mags talked about it, even Forbes, Money, Maxim, etc, etc, etc.
    Time magazine, even.

    It was hyped, despite not having many commercials about it. You're just
    trying to rewrite history now, and that's lame.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Your link didn't work! Skye gave me this one.

    www.gayassredsoxfans.com
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote

    > 2 The limited interest in the PSP, hence sluggish sales
    >
    > The PSP sold 602,000 the first week. In a non holiday period (unless
    > you count all those St. Patricks Day revelers).
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/07/news_6121853.html
    >
    > The DS sold 500,000 units at Christmas time with a much lower price
    > point.
    >
    > http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=23442
    >
    > So while the PSP didn't sell as much of their inventory, around 60%,
    > they did do bigger numbers than the DS which sold 90% of the inventory.

    The DS sold out. There wasn't enough stock to sell anymore than that. The
    demand was greater than the supply. The PSP was over supplied by a long
    shot, and despite that, still barely outsold the DS in the first week. But,
    look at the numbers. The DS has a lot more market penetration than the PSP.
    Sales are pretty heavily distributed towards the launch and come in at a
    pace there after. There won't be a huge spike in PSP sales that won't
    correspond to a spike in DS sales. It's pretty much a done deal.

Console Gaming Games Video Nintendo Video Games