Help with RAM problem

Hi guys

Something weird happened today. I tried to start my computer but when I clicked the button it didn't do so. Instead 2 bios beeps sounded and this went on and on. After searching a bit on the net I found a troubleshooting guide that said that it was something with the ram. So I checked each ram at a time and found nothing. After that I just changed the ram slot of each stick and now my pc is working good. Any suggestions? Should I go and replace my ram anyway?

Thanks in advance
7 answers Last reply
More about help problem
  1. "So I checked each ram at a time and found nothing."

Does that mean the computer worked or didn't work with each ram individually? You don't say.

"Any suggestions?"

Leave as is and await further symptoms.

"Should I go and replace my ram anyway?"

No. It might not be the ram that's at fault.
  2. abekl said:
    "So I checked each ram at a time and found nothing."

Does that mean the computer worked or didn't work with each ram individually? You don't say.

Yeap it did. Basically when I left the first stick and booted up my system, the problem was still there. After I changed the sticks' slots the problem vanished. Shall I run a Memtest??
  3. Gate9er said:
    Yeap it did. Basically when I left the first stick and booted up my system, the problem was still there. After I changed the sticks' slots the problem vanished. Shall I run a Memtest??

Running a memtest from a USB device or cd would be a good idea. Don't run the memtest version from within Windows, it's not as accurate.
  4. Reading at your problem, your motherboard slots might have problems.
    Try different sticks in the slot, use a compressor to get any dust / undesired stuff out of the slot.
    Try it again? Might have missplaced them first time.
  5. Ok guys

I will let you know of the results
  6. Hey guys

Memtst didn't show up any errors. Should it be a problem with the mobo??
  7. Impossible to say. It sure doesn't look like it's a ram problem, but I wouldn't put it past being a simple BIOS issue as well. Just leave the system as is. If you have further problems, report back.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Computer