Sign in with
Your question

Help with RAM problem

Last response: in Memory
September 22, 2012 3:22:03 PM

Hi guys

Something weird happened today. I tried to start my computer but when I clicked the button it didn't do so. Instead 2 bios beeps sounded and this went on and on. After searching a bit on the net I found a troubleshooting guide that said that it was something with the ram. So I checked each ram at a time and found nothing. After that I just changed the ram slot of each stick and now my pc is working good. Any suggestions? Should I go and replace my ram anyway?

Thanks in advance

More about : ram problem

a b } Memory
September 22, 2012 3:30:41 PM

"So I checked each ram at a time and found nothing."

Does that mean the computer worked or didn't work with each ram individually? You don't say.

"Any suggestions?"

Leave as is and await further symptoms.

"Should I go and replace my ram anyway?"

No. It might not be the ram that's at fault.
September 22, 2012 3:35:52 PM

abekl said:
"So I checked each ram at a time and found nothing."

Does that mean the computer worked or didn't work with each ram individually? You don't say.

Yeap it did. Basically when I left the first stick and booted up my system, the problem was still there. After I changed the sticks' slots the problem vanished. Shall I run a Memtest??
Related resources
a b } Memory
September 22, 2012 3:44:25 PM

Gate9er said:
Yeap it did. Basically when I left the first stick and booted up my system, the problem was still there. After I changed the sticks' slots the problem vanished. Shall I run a Memtest??

Running a memtest from a USB device or cd would be a good idea. Don't run the memtest version from within Windows, it's not as accurate.
September 22, 2012 4:25:24 PM

Reading at your problem, your motherboard slots might have problems.
Try different sticks in the slot, use a compressor to get any dust / undesired stuff out of the slot.
Try it again? Might have missplaced them first time.
September 22, 2012 4:51:51 PM

Ok guys

I will let you know of the results
September 22, 2012 8:49:58 PM

Hey guys

Memtst didn't show up any errors. Should it be a problem with the mobo??
a b } Memory
September 23, 2012 1:18:39 PM

Impossible to say. It sure doesn't look like it's a ram problem, but I wouldn't put it past being a simple BIOS issue as well. Just leave the system as is. If you have further problems, report back.
!