I ordered the wrong card. Is it worth it to exchange it?

thelongshot

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Hello,

After having my Radeon 4830 die on me the second time, I was in search of a new card, after doing my research, I decided that the Radeon 6670 would be a good replacement. So, I order the XFX Radeon from Newegg.

It wasn't until I printed out the rebate form that I realized it used DDR3 memory, not GDDR5. I didn't even know that was a possibility.

The question is, is it worth paying the $25 to send it back (15% restocking fee and two shipping fees) to get the PowerColor with GDDR5, which ends up being the same price after rebate?

A little bit on my computer, it is a few years old. Asus P5B motherboard (PCI-E 1.0), 6600 Core2Duo running Windows 7. Native monitor resolution is 1280 x 1024.

Overall, I was mostly satisfied with the performance of the 4830, only struggling with Mirror's Edge. I do have some more demanding games on my system (GTA IV comes to mind) that I haven't played yet.

Solution
Without AA it shouldnt make much of a difference, and with those cards only going for about $80-95 $25 extra is a pretty big difference and certainly not worth it for an extra 5% performance. Just stick with what you have it should do similarly to your 4830 which also only had DDR3.
Without AA it shouldnt make much of a difference, and with those cards only going for about $80-95 $25 extra is a pretty big difference and certainly not worth it for an extra 5% performance. Just stick with what you have it should do similarly to your 4830 which also only had DDR3.

Solution