Continuous Short Beeps followed by normal boots on GA-890XA-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtox

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hi guys, I haven't been able to find a straight answer for this anywhere. My mobo is the GA-890XA-UD3, and every time I boot up it does the continuous short beeps that according to Gigabyte mean a Power Error. Now, here's where my issue seems to differ from the norm, the system seems to ignore it, and boots anyway. In fact, I've never had it not boot up successfully, not once. But the continuous short beeps happen every single time.

I use this computer for everything from every day use, to gaming for 2 or 3 hours a day, and I never have any issues after it boots. So does this mean this error code is more like an early warning sign for me?

Any insight would be great!

AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @3.4Ghz
6GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire 5870 1GB GDDR5
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Thermaltake TR2 600W <---(barely 7 months old)
Cooler Master CM 690 II

Solution
On one of my Gigabyte motherboard, if I happen to set a high temp value for the CPU fan to start, the board will not start the cpu fan until that set value is reached, and since the board was not sensing the fan running, it would trigger an alarm..

Check you smart fan (if that are called like that...) setting in BIOS

pat

Expert
On one of my Gigabyte motherboard, if I happen to set a high temp value for the CPU fan to start, the board will not start the cpu fan until that set value is reached, and since the board was not sensing the fan running, it would trigger an alarm..

Check you smart fan (if that are called like that...) setting in BIOS

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.