G

Hi all, i recently bought a dvd decoder card and i am having a very annoying problem with it, i can't get the sound to work when i watch dvd's. I don't know if this is standard but i have to link my graphic card to the decoder and then plug my monitor into the decoder and then plug my sound system into my sound card through the line out and then from the decoder's stereo out to the sound cards line in! But i get no sound at all, i can get sound if i just plug my sound system into the stereo out on the decoder but it only then works with dvd's and i don'y fancy having to get on my hands+knees and change them all the time.
Anyone else have such problems and know how i can get around them?
thanx all

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What sound card?
Double click on the little yellow speaker in the lower right of the screen and make sure all of your settings are correct as far as line-in line-out and all that.
If you have an SBLive with Liveware installed, make sure you have everything set correctly in the mixer.

G

thanx i got it working! The line in was on mute, only the picture quility is terrible it flickers and loses color a lot and it's a lot worse than power dvd.
whats up with it?
The decoder is Avitus, anyone heard of this name?
thanx all