Sign in with
Your question

Please help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 12, 2011 2:28:22 AM

My uncle gave me a computer (in multiple pieces) to work on game development. It's not the best, but it should be more than sufficient to run the udk. However, I have a bit of w problem with my graphics card. Basically, my mouse is invisible, and several other things are problematic, such as the shutdown option box not displaying anything but a grey box with the three option boxes (no image, just grey boxes inside another grey box). My mouse works, and it sometimes shows a a black box, but I have yet to see a pointer. I have installed the latest driver from the AMD website , with no luck. The card is a radeon hd 2600 pro. Any suggestions are welcome, and I will do my best to respond to questions.
Thanks in advance!

More about : question

a b U Graphics card
July 12, 2011 2:51:44 AM

Has it always been like this? Like when your uncle had it, do you know if it has such problems?

It sounds like the card might be faulty - check to see it's not overheating.

The mouse and option boxes are the only problems, or is there anything else?

And lastly, is this a fresh install of Windows?
m
l
July 12, 2011 3:20:18 AM

Ok. My uncle indicted when he gave me the computer that the card was fine. He never came out and said that though. So no problems there, I don't think. There is no indication that the card is overheating. There are no other graphics related issues that I have discovered yet, but iu just finished putting the compomputer together a few days ago, and just got it running last night. There may be things that I have yet to discover. And no, it is not a fresh install of windows. I am planning to install seven soon though.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 12, 2011 2:48:52 PM

i think it's a problem with software..
m
l
July 12, 2011 3:44:18 PM

Could you please be a little more specific?
m
l
!