Nvidia/Intel or AMD

samuelspark

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hello, I am going to make a gaming rig but I am not sure whether to get Intel i5 2500k w/ GTX 460 or AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
and AMD Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850. Both the bundles cost about the same. Which bundle is better?

Interesting .

I do not use nVidia graphics cards since every one I ever used died and had to be replaced . So far every ATI/AMD graphics card I used was running fine when I sold it to trade up

And I still havent had any driver problems with the Radeons either

I think it comes down to what games you want to play. Every gpu chart that I have seen shows Nvidia excelling in certian games and then the same charts will show Amd excelling in certian other games , so that's why I said it comes down to what games you want to play just go to the graphics card reviews and see if your game is there and which card does the best in that game or games.

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011

Funny, I have had the exact opposite experience. Every AMD card I have owned gives up the ghost rather quickly. So I went Nvidia and have not had any issues other than occasional, unavoidable driver issues.

Funny little world, eh?

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Its funny when people try to argue about the drivers, both companies are pretty fail when it comes to drivers.

Nvidia is constantly having to update its drivers..

Where as you almost forget AMD even made drivers..

Both have their flaws, both have their perks.

If you want to 3D game down the road, Nvidia

If you want to run 3-way monitors while gaming, AMD.

If you want the best performance vs dollar then its whatever fits your budget/needs.

I said nothing regarding ATI drivers. In fact, I said that I have issues with nvidia drivers and nvidia happens to be my preferred brand.

I said that I have had far more ATI cards fail completely.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
p07h34d is right on the money.

3D = Nvidia
Multi Monitor = AMD

There's always going to be perks and flaws with every manufacturer otherwise only one company would exist and would have 100% market share with a 100% perfect product. Pepsi and Coke, McDonalds and Burger king, neither make a "perfect" product to suit everyone, which is why the competition exists. Each providing a variation of a similar product with fits the end users needs.