PDA + Bluetooth Headset + Skype

Last response: in Technologies
June 6, 2004 4:39:09 AM

I was wondering if I could pair a Bluetooth Headset with my PDA (an
iPAQ H4150) and use it with the Skype VoIP service as the built in mic
on the PDA isn't all that great.
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 5:48:51 AM

Morgan Pugh <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<4am4c0tddfl82cn7u2p0hkojap3lqir5uu@4ax.com>...
> I was wondering if I could pair a Bluetooth Headset with my PDA (an
> iPAQ H4150) and use it with the Skype VoIP service as the built in mic
> on the PDA isn't all that great.

This would need the WiFi and Bluetooth module of the iPaq to be
enabled at the same time. This does not work well on the current
generation of iPaq's but should be much improved on iPaq 6XXX models.

You can get a purpose made wired headset for the iPaq from
www.plantronics.com/ipaq.

pzboyz
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 10:29:35 PM

On 7 Jun 2004 01:48:51 -0700, pzboyz@yahoo.com (pzboyz) wrote:

>This would need the WiFi and Bluetooth module of the iPaq to be
>enabled at the same time. This does not work well on the current
>generation of iPaq's but should be much improved on iPaq 6XXX models.
>
>You can get a purpose made wired headset for the iPaq from
>www.plantronics.com/ipaq.
>
>pzboyz

I use WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time all day, everday and it has
never caused any problems.

My question is still unanswered, can I use the bluetooth headset with
Skype? I would assume I can but I don't know how I would do this :-/
June 8, 2004 2:24:57 AM

Morgan Pugh wrote:

> I use WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time all day, everday and it has
> never caused any problems.

For ad-hoc data access, you will not notice to much of the problems.

> My question is still unanswered, can I use the bluetooth headset with
> Skype? I would assume I can but I don't know how I would do this :-/

You have tried PocketSkype I would assume. It will work with a BT
headset on a 5550, not sure about the 4150 though.

pzboyz
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 9:55:03 PM

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:24:57 +0100, pzboyz <pzboyz@NOSPAMyahoo.com>
wrote:

>Morgan Pugh wrote:
>>
>> I use WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time all day, everday and it has
>> never caused any problems.
>>

>For ad-hoc data access, you will not notice to much of the problems.
>
>> My question is still unanswered, can I use the bluetooth headset with
>> Skype? I would assume I can but I don't know how I would do this :-/
>
>You have tried PocketSkype I would assume. It will work with a BT
>headset on a 5550, not sure about the 4150 though.
>
>pzboyz

I just found out it does work but with a hack to enabled headset
pairing as, by default, the unit won't detect audio gateway/headset
profiles. Apparently it works well so I might try it out :)
!