Grayed out check in Read Only attribute

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I was trying to remove the Read Only attribute I placed on
a sub-folder of a folder I made to hold some files, but
the check was grayed out. I was still able to remove the
check and click apply, but when I did it dropped back to
the folder it was in. When I went back to the sub-folder
and checked the properties, it still had the grayed out
read-only check. Now I can not remove it from any folders
I've created.

What has happened and can someone help me to where I can
remove the attributes from folders I create?

Thanks,
Larry

[[Unlike the Read-only attribute for a file, the Read-only attribute for a
folder is typically ignored by Windows, Windows components and accessories,
and other programs.]]

Cannot View or Change the Read-Only or System Attribute of Folders
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B326549

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes