Grayed out check in Read Only attribute

I was trying to remove the Read Only attribute I placed on
a sub-folder of a folder I made to hold some files, but
the check was grayed out. I was still able to remove the
check and click apply, but when I did it dropped back to
the folder it was in. When I went back to the sub-folder
and checked the properties, it still had the grayed out
read-only check. Now I can not remove it from any folders
I've created.

What has happened and can someone help me to where I can
remove the attributes from folders I create?

Thanks,
Larry
1 answer Last reply
More about grayed check read attribute

    [[Unlike the Read-only attribute for a file, the Read-only attribute for a
    folder is typically ignored by Windows, Windows components and accessories,
    and other programs.]]

    Cannot View or Change the Read-Only or System Attribute of Folders
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B326549

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:2d32e01c46ad3$93186630$a601280a@phx.gbl,
    Larry <jennings@sirinet.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I was trying to remove the Read Only attribute I placed on
    > a sub-folder of a folder I made to hold some files, but
    > the check was grayed out. I was still able to remove the
    > check and click apply, but when I did it dropped back to
    > the folder it was in. When I went back to the sub-folder
    > and checked the properties, it still had the grayed out
    > read-only check. Now I can not remove it from any folders
    > I've created.
    >
    > What has happened and can someone help me to where I can
    > remove the attributes from folders I create?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Larry

Configuration Read Only Microsoft Customization Windows XP