Sign in with
Your question

Asus m5a97 r2.0, won't boot

Last response: in Motherboards
September 22, 2012 8:32:32 PM

Hello, I recently bought an asus m5a97 r2.0 and 2 4gb sticks of ram. On first attempt to boot everything powered up, but the monitor received no signal. I tried placing the ram in every combination of slots and ran memok. The red memok light only blinked endlessly after I pressed it. Finally I tried updating the bios with usb flash back. But the process won't complete. The light flashes after 3 seconds like it id supposed to, but hasn't finished after more than an hour.

Relevant components:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : asus m5a97 boot

September 23, 2012 4:26:53 AM

you may have bricked your motherboard when you flashed it. you should first checked if the rams you have is compatible with your board, interupted bios uppdates, really im pretty if you did that your board will not boot until you recover the bios correctly, you shouldnt have done that update until the pc boots normally, what if the rams are the ones faulty my friend
m
l
September 24, 2012 11:49:00 AM

Hi,
Don't panic, I did the same thing with an FX-4170 !

You'll find If you put the Video card in the second PCIE slot it will work fine.

I still haven't got to the bottom of it, but I'm working on it.

Fortunately I bought an Asus HD7750 Video card, so I can complain direct to Asus.

At least I know it's definitely not the RAM or the processor now.

What I haven't figured out is if the card runs in x16 mode or x4 mode in the second slot, the performance seems OK, but I can't compare it to much, it runs 7.4 on the Win7 rating.

I'll keep working on the problem.

LeonP

m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2013 5:15:01 PM

any update on the problem. because i've had the same problem with my board and if you found a work around it would be better then me having to try and return it and get a new one. i know this thread is kind of old but any help would be nice.
m
l
February 14, 2013 4:27:31 PM

Hi at all!
I have the same problem but at the first moment work fine all, but after bios update (1503) the system don't boot and DRAM LED flashing infinetely and beep.

My configuration is:

- M5A97 R 2.0
- AMD FX 8320
- CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2X4GB 16000MHz 9-9-9-24
- AMDI RADEON HD 6850

Please help!!!

Sorry for my bad english
m
l
March 7, 2013 2:45:51 AM

Hey Guys.... im sort of new to this but im having the same problem uninstalling my old Geforce GT 620 and installing my XFX Radeon HD 7750... I take the old GT 620 out and put the new 7750 in and the monitor says "No VGA input"?

Please help me guys!

-M5A97 R 2.0
-AMD FX 8320
-CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2*4GB
-GEFORCE GT 620------>trying to get 7750
-APevia X DREAMER3

m
l
March 12, 2013 3:37:48 PM

THIS MOBO IS A PILE OF CRAP! you get ramdom crashing on boot when you leave a flash stick/cd in it you just get stuck on the asus splash screen or no signal from your gpu the only thing you can do that works is remove all power then restart the computer clicking f2 or delete to get the uefi bios up and click boot harddrive (it will take 4-7 times) and the bios DOSENT REMBER THE BOOT ORDER!!!
And ive tryed all the bios updates from asus..........i usealy love asus mobos but this one is just a brick as soon as i can aford a better one i will replace it
m
l
August 25, 2013 3:37:59 PM

btgunderson said:
Hello, I recently bought an asus m5a97 r2.0 and 2 4gb sticks of ram. On first attempt to boot everything powered up, but the monitor received no signal. I tried placing the ram in every combination of slots and ran memok. The red memok light only blinked endlessly after I pressed it. Finally I tried updating the bios with usb flash back. But the process won't complete. The light flashes after 3 seconds like it id supposed to, but hasn't finished after more than an hour.

Relevant components:

Ever get this MOBO to work for you ? If so...??
m
l
February 25, 2014 6:30:06 AM

hii .!!!

i have this mobo asus m5a97 le r2.0 having same kind of problem that when i turned on my pc everything working in cpu i mean fans were running hd light and other lights were blinking. but monitor didnt getting any signal death black ..!! i had to manually power off the smps and then trun it on and start the pc again some how it works but i was always be worry as i spent money on that..!!

the solution i did was manually clear cmos by removing cmos battery..!! one thing was i told by my frnd that if you have mobo drivers like asus suit II install on pc the uninstall it cuzz it has overclocking utilities which drive up ur chip+mobo automatically overclock according to software demands and games demands..!

so what i did i uninstall all the asus suit driver and yes it some how works ..!! not having this problem since that day..!!

u can try this as well if u installed asus suit II

sorry for english :D 

m
l
April 17, 2014 11:31:50 PM

I had same problem with M5A97 LE R2.0 won't boot or post, constant rebooting for no reason.
I solved the problem by getting a 650 watt psu.
The old 550 watt psu was the minimum to run motherboard, cpu, vga and memory.
m
l
June 27, 2014 3:25:22 PM

hoz152 said:

Hi,
Don't panic, I did the same thing with an FX-4170 !

You'll find If you put the Video card in the second PCIE slot it will work fine.

I still haven't got to the bottom of it, but I'm working on it.

Fortunately I bought an Asus HD7750 Video card, so I can complain direct to Asus.

At least I know it's definitely not the RAM or the processor now.

What I haven't figured out is if the card runs in x16 mode or x4 mode in the second slot, the performance seems OK, but I can't compare it to much, it runs 7.4 on the Win7 rating.

I'll keep working on the problem.

LeonP

The second slot only supports 4x. Im having a similar problem, bought a new m5a97 with a FX 8350 cpu and sapphire R9 270x gpu, and one stick of 8gb 1600 ddr3 ram. Installed everything, bit no picture. No mem lights blinking. Guess ill try the second slot and if nothing then il reinstall the cpu
m
l
July 3, 2014 3:09:21 PM

Did you manage to make it work?????

The second slot only supports 4x. Im having a similar problem, bought a new m5a97 with a FX 8350 cpu and sapphire R9 270x gpu, and one stick of 8gb 1600 ddr3 ram. Installed everything, bit no picture. No mem lights blinking. Guess ill try the second slot and if nothing then il reinstall the cpu
[/quotemsg]

m
l
!