user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

This is a really unimportant question, but I was wondering how I can get the screensaver I just downloaded to work on my computer. From the change screensaver menu, I am only able to select from the basic screensavers, and the one that I downloaded is not an option because it is in "my downloads" folder, and I don't know what folder the other screensavers are saved in. Thanks,
Nate

Hi

Put the .SCR file into the %systemroot%\system32 folder - then try to access
it again from the screensaver menu.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"57" <57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| This is a really unimportant question, but I was wondering how I can get
the screensaver I just downloaded to work on my computer. From the change
screensaver menu, I am only able to select from the basic screensavers, and
the one that I downloaded is not an option because it is in "my downloads"
folder, and I don't know what folder the other screensavers are saved in.
Thanks,
| Nate

In addition to what Will stated, if the screensaver comes as an installable package (if it is an
..exe file), try to run the file to install the screensaver. The screensaver should then be
automatically installed to the appropriate directory.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations