Sign in with
Your question

Problem with gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC after gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 12, 2011 10:19:25 AM

so i got a friend to built a new computer and recently i started playing starcraft II:

CPU = Intel Core i5 2500 Sandy Bridge
MOTHERBOARD = Gigabyte GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard B3
RAM = G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 1333MHz
GPU = Gigabyte Geforce GTX 560 Ti OC
HDD = Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
POWER SUPPLY = Silverstone Strider Plus 600W watt
win7 x64 home premium

i played for about 3 hours, changed the graphics setting back and forth and alt-tabbed a fair bit, went with the extreme option as it ran smoothly. the driver crashed once during the time but recovered within 2 seconds, and the gpu temperature was around 50-60 when playing
before i turned off the computer for the night i experienced display problems such as programs in task bar not showing their logo and not previewing when the cursor hovers over, the next day i tried booting up the computer and could not load after the starting screen of windows, the one with the black background and a windows logo, it never got to show me the "welcome
"" part, screen just went black and after about 5 mins i got a blue screen saying either enter system in safemode or remove new hardware.
i thought maybe the driver had problems so i removed the card and uninstalled drivers while the vga is plugged in the motherboard, reinstalled drivers, didnt work, repeated process with "clean uninstallation" software, still same result.
t
also on the 2nd attempt when i had the card in and was about to install drivers the colours were all messed up, he windows logo was white and pale-yellow kinda and some icons on the task bar and desktop gadgets were black.

how do i fix the problem? i dont think the hardware could have fried since it didnt overheat alot and theres no visible burns or anything, do i hv to send back for warranty?
July 12, 2011 10:38:53 AM

Did you play the game with DX11?
There is a known hardware issue with OC GTX 500 series cards and DX11 games. You have to lower the clocks to normal and raise the core voltage. It looks like the graphic card got damaged. If you can't reinstall the card you will need to use your warranty.
m
l
July 12, 2011 11:53:59 AM

sorry but i dont know anything about DX, i think my card supports dx11 but i installed 9 along with the driver, sc2 is dx9 based game i think though, could u explain the situation? is DX purely just software?
m
l
!