Difference between HS810 and HS850?

Last response: in Network Providers
June 10, 2005 10:51:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I ordered an HS850 Headset from Cingular and they shipped me the HS810.
What's the Difference? They are both the same price.

Thanks,
Scott<-

More about : difference hs810 hs850

June 10, 2005 10:51:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

40

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
>I ordered an HS850 Headset from Cingular and they shipped me the HS810.
>What's the Difference? They are both the same price.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott<-

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 11:34:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Big Difference!!!

4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)

The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1

If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on the
850.

I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel that it
is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a new ear
piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .

Bruce D. Brown

"Bob" <b@B.b> wrote in message news:BFlqe.8894$R21.6543@lakeread06...
> 40
>

> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
>>I ordered an HS850 Headset from Cingular and they shipped me the HS810.
>>What's the Difference? They are both the same price.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott<-

June 11, 2005 12:56:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Thank You!
"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Big Difference!!!
>
> 4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
>
> The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
>
> If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on the
> 850.
>
> I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel that
> it is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a new
> ear piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
>
> Bruce D. Brown
>
> "Bob" <b@B.b> wrote in message news:BFlqe.8894$R21.6543@lakeread06...
>> 40
>>

>> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
>>>I ordered an HS850 Headset from Cingular and they shipped me the HS810.
>>>What's the Difference? They are both the same price.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Scott<-

June 11, 2005 12:56:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

The 850 does not work properly with the Cingular version of the Treo 650. Do
you homework 1st. I have the 850 and it works great with my Verizon Moto
v710 but is useless with my wife's Treo from Cingular.

> Thank You!
> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Big Difference!!!
>>
>> 4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
>>
>> The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
>>
>> If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on the
>> 850.
>>
>> I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel that
>> it is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a new
>> ear piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
>>
>> Bruce D. Brown
>>
>> "Bob" <b@B.b> wrote in message news:BFlqe.8894$R21.6543@lakeread06...
>>> 40
>>>

>>> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 2:58:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Big Difference!!!
>
> 4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
>
> The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
>
> If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on the
> 850.
>
> I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel that
it
> is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a new ear
> piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
>
> Bruce D. Brown
>
> "Bob" <b@B.b> wrote in message news:BFlqe.8894$R21.6543@lakeread06...
> > 40
> >

> > "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
> >>I ordered an HS850 Headset from Cingular and they shipped me the HS810.
> >>What's the Difference? They are both the same price.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Scott<-

810 comes with charger, neck lanyard, and small pouch for the belt...850
comes with charger.Oh, the 850 has the newer version of BT....

Mark
June 11, 2005 3:14:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

OK... so how about the HS820? Is it better than the 850? I know it
costs $20 less, but which is a newer model the 820 or the 850?

SFB

Mark W. Oots wrote:
> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Big Difference!!!
>>
>>4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
>>
>>The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
>>
>>If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on the
>>850.
>>
>>I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel that
>
> it
>
>>is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a new ear
>>piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
>>
>>Bruce D. Brown
>>
>>"Bob" <b@B.b> wrote in message news:BFlqe.8894$R21.6543@lakeread06...
>>
>>>40
>>>

>>>"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message

> 810 comes with charger, neck lanyard, and small pouch for the belt...850
> comes with charger.Oh, the 850 has the newer version of BT....
>
> Mark

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 3:40:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I have a Blackberry 7100G and both models work great with my phone.

Bruce D. Brown

"Bob" <b@B.b> wrote in message news:Qgoqe.8898$R21.5405@lakeread06...
> The 850 does not work properly with the Cingular version of the Treo 650.
> Do you homework 1st. I have the 850 and it works great with my Verizon
> Moto v710 but is useless with my wife's Treo from Cingular.
>

> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
>> Thank You!
>> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Big Difference!!!
>>>
>>> 4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
>>>
>>> The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
>>>
>>> If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on
>>> the 850.
>>>
>>> I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel
>>> that it is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying
>>> a new ear piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
>>>
>>> Bruce D. Brown

June 11, 2005 10:49:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

This is a known Treo software problem. Treo is working on a fix. Nothing
yet.

Fred

"Bob" <b@B.b> wrote in message news:Qgoqe.8898$R21.5405@lakeread06...
> The 850 does not work properly with the Cingular version of the Treo 650.
Do
> you homework 1st. I have the 850 and it works great with my Verizon Moto
> v710 but is useless with my wife's Treo from Cingular.
>

> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
> > Thank You!
> > "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> Big Difference!!!
> >>
> >> 4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
> >>
> >> The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
> >>
> >> If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on
the
> >> 850.
> >>
> >> I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel
that
> >> it is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a
new
> >> ear piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
> >>
> >> Bruce D. Brown

HS810.

June 11, 2005 10:51:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Not better but does have the "Y" adaptor. If you are using a compatible
Motorola (usually V551) you can charge the headset & phone at the same time
from the same charger.

Fred

"SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> OK... so how about the HS820? Is it better than the 850? I know it
> costs $20 less, but which is a newer model the 820 or the 850?
>
> SFB
>
> Mark W. Oots wrote:
> > "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Big Difference!!!
> >>
> >>4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
> >>
> >>The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
> >>
> >>If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on
the
> >>850.
> >>
> >>I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel
that

> > it
> >
> >>is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a new
ear
> >>piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
> >>
> >>Bruce D. Brown

HS810.

> > 810 comes with charger, neck lanyard, and small pouch for the belt...850
> > comes with charger.Oh, the 850 has the newer version of BT....
> >
> > Mark

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:42:40 PM

Mark W. Oots wrote:

> 810 comes with charger, neck lanyard,
> and small pouch for the belt...

So does the 850, at least the one I bought
from eCost did.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 6:20:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

The 850 is definitely newer. It uses Bluetooth version 1.2, while the 820
uses v1.1. Additionally the Motorola 820 does not have a "microphone boom"
which turns on and off when you put on the ear piece. Rated battery life on
the 820 is approximately 4 hours while on the new 850 battery life is rated
at almost double (approximately 8 hours). If I was making a purchase right
now the choice would be a no brainer. $20 more and get the very latest ear
piece from Motorola.

Bruce D. Brown

"SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> OK... so how about the HS820? Is it better than the 850? I know it costs
> $20 less, but which is a newer model the 820 or the 850?
>
> SFB
>
> Mark W. Oots wrote:
>> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Big Difference!!!
>>>
>>>4 hours battery life (810) compared to 8 hours battery life (850)
>>>
>>>The 850 is compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 while the 810 is V1.1
>>>
>>>If you want the latest and the greatest, return the 810 and insist on the
>>>850.
>>>
>>>I currently am using the 810 and love it. Personally, I do not feel that
>>
>> it
>>
>>>is worth it for me to buy a new ear piece, but if I were buying a new ear
>>>piece, I definitely would buy the 850 .
>>>
>>>Bruce D. Brown

>> 810 comes with charger, neck lanyard, and small pouch for the belt...850
>> comes with charger.Oh, the 850 has the newer version of BT....
>>
>> Mark

June 11, 2005 6:20:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Thanks Bruce and others... but the specs I have seen on the hs820 also
say that it uses BT 1.2.. I plan on using it with a new V330 on TM

http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/1/1028_MotDoc.pdf

I do like the boom to turn it on and off... I am leaning towards the
850, as nobody has been able to say anything negative about this
headset... except the "y" cable issue...

Thanks again everyone! Now it's off to negotiate on 2 new V330s...

SFB

Bruce D. Brown wrote:
> The 850 is definitely newer. It uses Bluetooth version 1.2, while the 820
> uses v1.1. Additionally the Motorola 820 does not have a "microphone boom"
> which turns on and off when you put on the ear piece. Rated battery life on
> the 820 is approximately 4 hours while on the new 850 battery life is rated
> at almost double (approximately 8 hours). If I was making a purchase right
> now the choice would be a no brainer. $20 more and get the very latest ear
> piece from Motorola.
>
> Bruce D. Brown
>
> "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
>
>>OK... so how about the HS820? Is it better than the 850? I know it costs
>>$20 less, but which is a newer model the 820 or the 850?
>>
>>SFB
>>
>>Mark W. Oots wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message

>>>it

>>>810 comes with charger, neck lanyard, and small pouch for the belt...850
>>>comes with charger.Oh, the 850 has the newer version of BT....
>>>
>>>Mark

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:10:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

SFB,

You are right. I went on the Motorola Web Site and the 820 along with the
850 have Bluetooth Version 1.2. I was totally wrong. All of the other
Motorola ear pieces use Bluetooth 1.1. Anyway, I hope your phone and ear
piece combination work as well for you as mine works for me. I think I
would be lost without the ear piece (especially when I am driving.)

Bruce

> Thanks Bruce and others... but the specs I have seen on the hs820 also say
> that it uses BT 1.2.. I plan on using it with a new V330 on TM
>
> http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/1/1028_MotDoc.pdf
>
> I do like the boom to turn it on and off... I am leaning towards the 850,
> as nobody has been able to say anything negative about this headset...
> except the "y" cable issue...
>
> Thanks again everyone! Now it's off to negotiate on 2 new V330s...
>
> SFB
>
> Bruce D. Brown wrote:
>> The 850 is definitely newer. It uses Bluetooth version 1.2, while the
>> 820 uses v1.1. Additionally the Motorola 820 does not have a "microphone
>> boom" which turns on and off when you put on the ear piece. Rated
>> battery life on the 820 is approximately 4 hours while on the new 850
>> battery life is rated at almost double (approximately 8 hours). If I was
>> making a purchase right now the choice would be a no brainer. $20 more
>> and get the very latest ear piece from Motorola.
>>
>> Bruce D. Brown
>>
>> "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
>>
>>>OK... so how about the HS820? Is it better than the 850? I know it
>>>costs $20 less, but which is a newer model the 820 or the 850?
>>>
>>>SFB

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:23:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Own both the 820 and 850, the 850 definately dominates and I am actually
selling the 820 very soon.
The HS850 is more loud, feels more secure, thought neither will fall off
your ear, and sounds better. Both are good pieces, but the 850 is better,
expecially when you add in the boom, faster connect and disconnect.
"SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> Thanks Bruce and others... but the specs I have seen on the hs820 also
> say that it uses BT 1.2.. I plan on using it with a new V330 on TM
>
> http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/1/1028_MotDoc.pdf
>
> I do like the boom to turn it on and off... I am leaning towards the
> 850, as nobody has been able to say anything negative about this
> headset... except the "y" cable issue...
>
> Thanks again everyone! Now it's off to negotiate on 2 new V330s...
>
> SFB
>
> Bruce D. Brown wrote:
> > The 850 is definitely newer. It uses Bluetooth version 1.2, while the
820
> > uses v1.1. Additionally the Motorola 820 does not have a "microphone
boom"
> > which turns on and off when you put on the ear piece. Rated battery
life on
> > the 820 is approximately 4 hours while on the new 850 battery life is
rated
> > at almost double (approximately 8 hours). If I was making a purchase
right
> > now the choice would be a no brainer. $20 more and get the very latest
ear
> > piece from Motorola.
> >
> > Bruce D. Brown
> >
> > "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> >
> >>OK... so how about the HS820? Is it better than the 850? I know it
costs
> >>$20 less, but which is a newer model the 820 or the 850?
> >>
> >>SFB

HS810.

June 12, 2005 5:23:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I think the final decision for me will be which one "feels" better... I
wear glasses so it will be which one best compliments my glasses...

Thanks again everyone for your input and comments

SFB

CJD wrote:
> Own both the 820 and 850, the 850 definately dominates and I am actually
> selling the 820 very soon.
> The HS850 is more loud, feels more secure, thought neither will fall off
> your ear, and sounds better. Both are good pieces, but the 850 is better,
> expecially when you add in the boom, faster connect and disconnect.
> "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks Bruce and others... but the specs I have seen on the hs820 also
>>say that it uses BT 1.2.. I plan on using it with a new V330 on TM
>>
>>http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/1/1028_MotDoc.pdf
>>
>>I do like the boom to turn it on and off... I am leaning towards the
>>850, as nobody has been able to say anything negative about this
>>headset... except the "y" cable issue...
>>
>>Thanks again everyone! Now it's off to negotiate on 2 new V330s...
>>
>>SFB
>>
>>Bruce D. Brown wrote:
>>
>>>The 850 is definitely newer. It uses Bluetooth version 1.2, while the
>
> 820
>
>>>uses v1.1. Additionally the Motorola 820 does not have a "microphone
>
> boom"
>
>>>which turns on and off when you put on the ear piece. Rated battery
>
> life on
>
>>>the 820 is approximately 4 hours while on the new 850 battery life is
>
> rated
>
>>>at almost double (approximately 8 hours). If I was making a purchase
>
> right
>
>>>now the choice would be a no brainer. $20 more and get the very latest
>
> ear
>
>>>piece from Motorola.
>>>
>>>Bruce D. Brown
>>>
>>>"SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

> costs

> the

> that

> ear

> HS810.

> belt...850

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 6:25:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

My 810 came with the 810 and the wall Charger, thats it... Hmmm... It was
from Cingular...

My 850 will be arriving today, I'll be sending back the 810! I did use it
for a few days... No Complaints. The boom mic on and off is nice. Fit on my
ear fine with and without glasses...

!