What would be a Nice Replacement

patrickb007

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hi All , I have a Leadtek PX9600GT 512mb 256bit, so I bought a new motherboard MSi X48C Platinum to precise, but it doesn't support SLi, but Crossfire? So My question is what ATI card is equivalent to my 9600GT so that I can buy two of them ? Im not looking to spend a fortune but dont want the cheapest either, also dont want two ATI cards that is the same as my one 9600GT ? Thanks in advance for all of your help. :bounce:

patrickb007

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Kinda Difficult to say, You see Ill buy it if its worth the money but not a fortune, MM maybe if I tell what im using it for that will give you a better idea, I mostly do Video Editing and sometimes play games, Photo editing, programming and watch movies, I Bought The 9600GT I think 2years ago and can still most games full detail paid 1400ZAR for it so dont know what to ati's is aa budget with real good perfomance, that is better then one 9600GT? Wish this mobo supported SLi.

i know but to find "new" older cards equivalent ... good luck with that. either secondhand or used and whatnot is all youre going to find that age. I wouldnt waste my money on a xfire setup esp if all you do is light gaming. get a newer, more powerful single card and be happy.

patrickb007

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

It Can Be Better Than the 9600GT, Its A Last Decade card (as You Know hehe) , The Only reason why i want crossfire is my mobo doesn't support SLi but Crossfire. And ya light gaming as you mentioned but the video editing is kinda heavy on the card aswell? Anywoo thanks for youre opinions I had a look at that 6850 the Club one nice card unfortunately not a nice price hehe. Guessing I'm going to stick with nvidia just buy a better replacement, any Ideas ? :)

Thanks for your opinions , I appreciate it ! :)

patrickb007

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Oh no I Didn't mean it like that, I'm not questioning your experience, I was just wondering out of curiosity. Can you maybe tell me whats the difference between 128bit and 256bit ? Really Sorry for the misunderstanding, as you've noticed I'm a newbie , know a few things that the average Joe doesn't know but still learning.