Dec 13, 2011
Specs:
mobo - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
cpu - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core
Pwr Sup - CORSAIR Professional Series HX850
Vid Card - SAPPHIRE 100269HDMI Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit
Hdrive - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM
Ram - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2

my issue is that i believe either A. my motherboard can't handle it and is defective. or B. i'm a failure. lol. most likely going to be B.

I know my motherboard is at least the source because me and my professional computer friend ripped apart my computer when it was having repeated on and off for only seconds issue, i RMA'd the board - it came back and all seemed well for a while. Recently i realized that the bottom two pins on my stock Intel cpu fan had come aloose(my cpu isn't overclocked.) So i took it off and repinned them, but i didn't reseat, and i didn't re-thermal paste it. Speedfan says my core temps are at web browsing temps of 90-100c which is WAAAAY too hott - which brings me to my other issue. I for one, CANNOT play graphically demanding games such as call of duty or anything near that. I play WoW, but that crashes from time to time and i believe it all has to do with my mobo. I read reviews and alot of people had teh same issue, i'm sure eventually i'll just upgrade the mobo and buy thermal paste and a heatsink to have peace of mind, but i'm waiting on the funds. If i just got a heat sink, and re thermal pasted do you believe that would solve my issues? i'm just having a hard time finding that not rethermal pasting would cause 98% browsing temps.

mw33zy

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
i have that on my christmas list. Along with a geforce gtx 560ti 448core. And i'd like to find a decent freaking motherboard, but the problem is, most mobos on newegg get *** talked so i can't trust anything :|

mw33zy

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
oh geez, i don't have a budget, it's just buy whenever i get to the point where i can spend. if the heat problems stop, i'd ideally like to get a 570 - then get the i5, no budget really - just time. but if the problem doesn't stop, new mobo - then the rest. i'm not a huge overclocking fan so i just leave most things stock.

mw33zy

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
well i did a little testing, speedfan says now i'm browzing at 50-65ish, which is still way to hot, but better than 90. but it is about 90-100c under load, or at least when i'm playing wow.

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011

Let me tell you this, I got my A+ and MCSE in 2001 and I still can't get everything perfect on my new build. It took me a few RMAs to get the right and decent parts for my system. It also took me over a month to get everything properly configured. So I suggest you should ask someone who knows to help you build a new system or rebuild your old one.

You "don't have a budget" but "have the time" then you should put the tab on your credit card :) Cheers.