Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cooler Master HDD tray - need urgent help!!

Last response: in Components
December 13, 2011 8:13:15 AM

Hey guys just finishing my new build and the part that is supposed to be the easiest is becoming the hardest. The case is a CM 690 II advanced USB 3 edition. Whenever i try and put a HDD in the tray the little pins that are supposed to hold the HDD in push out a little and so i can't slide the tray back into the rack. Watch this vid at about 4.10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIx04rjA7n8 you can see him putting the disck in, SO EASY NOT!!!! Anyone have any ideas thatwould be awesome! :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou: 

More about : cooler master hdd tray urgent

December 13, 2011 1:44:05 PM

I have emailed CM about this, but if anyone has a clue that would be helpful
Score
a b ) Power supply
December 13, 2011 3:08:26 PM

Sounds like they are not seating into the screw holes on the side of the HD. Makes sure there are no regular mounting screws installed in any of the side holes (this is all I can think of). GL
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 275 ) Power supply
December 13, 2011 11:34:49 PM

Put the hard drive in angled on one side first and lock in that side.
Proceed to align and lock the two on the other side.
I have a CM690II and those trays are little buggers.
My mate and i messed with them for way to long one evening.
The white rubber locks can be removed and lined up into place..
We had more trouble with WDC Green drives then Seagates.
December 14, 2011 12:08:13 AM

Thanks Davcon tried this method but still seem to always have one or 2 that are pushed out :( 
Score
a c 275 ) Power supply
December 14, 2011 1:32:42 AM

metallifux said:
Thanks Davcon tried this method but still seem to always have one or 2 that are pushed out :( 

They'll go in eventually.
Try another tray!
Great case with a few minor flaws.
Score
December 14, 2011 3:11:17 AM

davcon said:
They'll go in eventually.
Try another tray!
Great case with a few minor flaws.

Yeh case has been great besides this and the fact i can't use the top drive bay as the top I/O cables block it. These pins really are a pain though and it would have been much easier to use screws. I'm a pretty handy guy and i have spent a good few hours and have yet to get my first drive in... out of a 6 drive raid setup :( 
Score
December 14, 2011 3:21:45 AM

I reckon they must have done something different with these ones since they are from the new model, it sucks! And there support is non-existant
Score
December 14, 2011 3:49:24 AM

given up, have taken all the pins out and using screws, so much for tool-less design. As small a problem as it is, it has seriously tainted my opion of coolermaster. The responded to my email by saying ask the distributer... If they had at least said sorry we will look into it and or maybe tried to give me some tips that would have been something. The instructional manual also has nothing on it!
Score
December 24, 2011 12:37:40 AM

Best answer selected by metallifux.
Score
!