System build $1,000 - $2,000 - Advice Needed

G

Hey everyone, building a new desktop and figured the experts here can give me the best true first hand experience and advice I need.

Run down is I currently have a MacBook Pro, I am not looking to replace it since frankly I do love Mac for everything, except well...gaming! This computer will primarily have one purpose...gaming...but as my MacBook Pro becomes outdated I may move back to Windows 7 (or 8) permanently...since I graduated college, a laptop isn't an essential thing anymore...

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime between November and December

Budget Range: $0 - $2,000 (preference to stay in the $1,000 range, but I know that up front costs can save big down the road).

System Usage from Most to Least Important: GAMING!, Massive Excel Calculations...

Parts Not Required: Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, I have the following RAM, unless there is better out there I will use this.
G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBSR1

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Where ever the best deals are.

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: These are pieces I have been looking at but not set on...
Full Size Tower Preferred: Thermaltake Level 10 GT

I would like the case to be able to accept water cooling down...something like this...
XSPC Rasa 750 RX360

Processor...
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

MB I was thinking...
ASRock P67 Extreme6

Overclocking: Testing the waters here, definitely get into it down the road...

SLI or Crossfire: 99% chance...

Monitor Resolution: Not sure...1920x1080...maybe higher.

Additional Comments: I really need help on selecting a MB, PSU, GPU, Cooling options and any amendments to the above...What I am aiming for is a system that I can really grow with for a few years...I plan on over clocking...most likely go to water-cooling...if only to check it out...at least 2 video cards down the road...so I need a power supply that can handle all of it...I would like a motherboard on the higher end that I can tweak and really play with the settings to check it out. As I understand it the money should go into the Chassis>MB>CPU>GPU...or something of that nature...for now though I want the system to have no issue with BF3 or Skyrim etc.

G

Definitely! I like the Corsair 800D case, definitely looks good.

I have seen the Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen3 all over these forums, is this the best bang for the buck, or is there a higher end board worth taking over this one? I am willing to spend more on the board hands down, I have had negative upgrading experiences in the passed with them handling what I want.

Thank you for the PSU and GPU suggestions!