Multiple sound cards at once

mderusha1

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hello,
I'm currently multi-tracking drums with my ews88mt pci card, and just got a new usb audio interface from tascam. I was wondering how to use both for recording drums at the same time. Im using Sonar 6PE with 2gbs of ram on my xp 2.6ghz cpu. Now, I am able to see and record from both, but the tascam is choppy and can't find a resolution to fix it. I would really like to have 14 tracks simultaneously for I am recording alot of drums for this session and 6 just isn't gonna cut it. I've tried linking both to spdif, but still choppy on playback and for some reason, when I get both going together, it drops out. I know I'm close, but I'm missing a step or 2. Can someone please help??

mderusha1

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
So its been a long battle, but I FINALLY figured out all my problems and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has either had problems or currently having problems because all the dam reading I've done the past week, as well as all the tedious process-of-eliminations that went along with it has PAID off!!!! I'm ecstatic to say I finally have my ultimate studio set up!!! If anyone reading this doesn't know how to set up multiple tascam us800's to record drums at the same time then reply to this and I'll give anyone more info!!!!