Better airflow option for CM690 II advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Hi everybody

I just got my new CM690 II advance and i want to know which is the best option for the airflow with the fans, i mean the direccion of the airflow like from the bottom to the top, etc, from , y have a graphic card withour exaust, so i suppose the heat of the VGA stay inside the case, i can't put the VGA holder because the card has other cooler,well i even try it, but the cooler is more bigger than the normal

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Front and side fans are generally best as intake.
Rear and Roof are generally best as exhaust.

This is based on the principal of hot air rising. Cool air goes in the front and bottom, heats up, rises through the case, and is pushed out the top and rear as it the air heats up.

This case is different to yours, however the cooling principal is the same.
http://www.ibuypower.com/dual-radiators/images/airflow-2.jpg

Solution

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

Yes i was thinking that too, but i was wondering if the hot air that comes from the PSU won't enter from the bottom fans, the 690 ii can have two 120mm fans in the bottom but they won't take the air coming directly from the PSU?

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
The PSU should be mounted so it draws its own cool air in from the bottom/underside of the case, and exhausts it straight out the back. No other air flow around the case should change how the PSU draws in and exhausts air. Nor should any case fans affect the PSU temperatures. The PSU is more or less an independent unit.

Front intake fans generally cool the HDD and GPU.
Side fans generally cool the GPU
CPU heat sink cools CPU
Roof and Rear fans exhaust all hot air built up inside the case from all components.

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

Ok so then the PSU draws the air from the back not from the bottom? in that case that you mention have much logic, i will try this way, i want to keep my CPU the most cold as possible, (i have the stock heatsink from instel and it sucks) and for the size of my Motherboard i can't put a big heatsink, im gonna need a H80 or H100 if a can have the money but that will be later

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Case fans are going to make very little difference to your CPU temps. This all comes down to the heat-sink/fan you have installed.

CM 690 should be plenty big enough to house a decent size cooler. I personally use an Arctic Freezer 13 (non-pro version) and it keeps my i5-2500k nice and cool even with 4.6GHz OC. There's no RAM slots being blocked, nor does the cooler stick up too high from the motherboard so even in quite a small case it fits nicely. The Freezer 13 is lots smaller than something like the Hyper 212.

PSU's draw air through the big fan on the top or the bottom, then exhaust it out the rear. This configuration can't be changed I don't think.

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

The case is big but my board is a micro-atx is the asus P8P67-M so a big cooler will be to close from the Graphic card and i will need to remove the neatsink of the memories, maybe i can put the card in the second pci-e but it will be at 4x speed and the ram maybe i can move to the third and fourth slot and maybe can put the 212+, i have already the V8 and it wont fit with the ram in that place, the memories are corsair vengance blue, (too tall), i was thinking in the H100 but is too expensive

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

thats another good idea too, its a great cooler, i think its better than the V8 and its very cheap

Yeah dude the 212+ is a better cooler.
The CM690II is also a great case,the only pita flaw is the filter for the psu is inside the case(retarded).
Mount your psu fan down and either remove the filter and rig(velcro)it under the case or leave it as is.(cleaning it constantly)

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

Yes i note the filter inside the case too, i dont know if i leave with out filter or not, or how put outside (just glue come to my mind) wherever nobody gonna see the case in that place

Status
Not open for further replies.