New Mobo + PSU Help please

Keyvaniath

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hey, I have an HP Computer and I just rebuilt the case of it and all i can say is HP sucks. If you want to buy a computer go custom built. My mobo only supports 2 fans(my case has 3 so i had to buy an adapter.) and the power supply is a mess Cables everywhere and extremely poor quality in my opinion, I'm a Big gamer so lets go for that :D .

With that being said, Im looking to upgrade a few parts. Might as well start with those 2

Current specs:

Mobo: HP Factory made
Power Supply: HP factory 550W
GPU:550 TI
Processor:i7 2600
Ram:16gig Factory Ram
HDD: Hitatchi 1 TB
Case:HAF 922

So with that being said im also looking to upgrade, What should I upgrade Mobo First + Power supply? Or something else?

With that being said If you do have an opinion I would like a link Prices don't really matter but I Dont want it to be outrageous Im a working teen. Any help is much appreciated

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

All OEM Powersupply's suck, get a new powersupply from someone like Corsair.

Count the number of expansion slots on your motherboard, if there is 4 slots, its a Micro ATX motherboard, if there are 7 slots, its an ATX motherboard, this is very important towards getting a motherboard that will fit your case.

Keyvaniath

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
I just bought a new case but and i love it, That leaves MOBO + PSU
any recommendations?

I want quality items, Prefer we keep the price under $400 for both, but if its necissary to go higher please feel free to explain.

Keyvaniath

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011

have any recommendations?

I think it was a Micro ATX

It was more Wide than tall and it fit in my case, My friend who I built the computers with his Mobo Was a lot taller than mine so I believe its Micro ATX

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

If your new case has 7 expansion slots in the back of the case, get an AsRock extreme4 Motherboard. :D

If micro atx, get an Asrock z77 microatx board.

As far as PSU goes, grab any 500-750w from Corsair and youl be fine.