Motherboard : Gigabyte B75M-D3H Revision 1.1
Video Card: Nvidia MSI Gfroce 660 TF
CPU: Intel core i5 1155 chipset
Power supply: Corsair 650w
RAM: DDR3 1300 4x2 gig Corsair ram
HDD: 500 gig WD 7200 SATA drive
Case: Antec 300 Case

The problem:

I just finished the build. I plug in my keyboard and I turn it on. It gets to a Splash screen with Dual UEFI BIOS. 4 buttons that can be pushed. DEL - BIOS SETUP\Q-FLASH, F9 - SYSTEM INFO - F12 - BOOT MENU and END - Q-FLASH. When I press those buttons, nothing happens at all. Just acts like everything is frozen. I thought it may have been a keyboard issue, which I have never seen before but thought you never know. So I tried another keyboard, same issue. After about thirty seconds it goes back to a blank screen, and just stays there.

Please help.
September 24, 2012 2:27:01 AM

where did you plug your usb keyboard? please plug it into black usb port, not blue one.
then update to latest bios F11 from gigabyte website.
m
l
September 24, 2012 2:42:33 AM

How would I be able to flash the BIOS if I am unable to get into the BIOS screen?
m
l
Related resources
September 24, 2012 2:45:41 AM

Also, I have tried two keyboards. One that is a PS2 port, the other USB. Neither worked. And I also plugged it in the black port.
m
l
September 25, 2012 3:03:15 AM

that's quite strange. PS2 port doesn't work. maybe some place is shorted. or single board problem. or you can go to PC store and ask them to check it for you.
m
l
November 21, 2012 4:57:56 PM

Banged my head from last couple of days after facing this problem on my new I5 3rd 3550 b75m-d3h motherboard. its really pain in the neck, what ever you do you end up remembering it.

Solution:

Bro, just do hard reset of BIOS . just touch the reset poles with a screw driver or something iron.

Make sure you ,

power off your pc

Remove CMOS battery

now take some iron thing like screw driver.

touch the two pins on mobo( youtube it, how to hard reset bios )

wait for a decent time, say 10 mins.

You will see your bios as smooth as ever.
m
l
January 11, 2013 4:28:18 AM

angelsg said:
Hello,

I have just built a new computer.

Motherboard : Gigabyte B75M-D3H Revision 1.1
Video Card: Nvidia MSI Gfroce 660 TF
CPU: Intel core i5 1155 chipset
Power supply: Corsair 650w
RAM: DDR3 1300 4x2 gig Corsair ram
HDD: 500 gig WD 7200 SATA drive
Case: Antec 300 Case

The problem:

I just finished the build. I plug in my keyboard and I turn it on. It gets to a Splash screen with Dual UEFI BIOS. 4 buttons that can be pushed. DEL - BIOS SETUP\Q-FLASH, F9 - SYSTEM INFO - F12 - BOOT MENU and END - Q-FLASH. When I press those buttons, nothing happens at all. Just acts like everything is frozen. I thought it may have been a keyboard issue, which I have never seen before but thought you never know. So I tried another keyboard, same issue. After about thirty seconds it goes back to a blank screen, and just stays there.

Please help.

Hi mate i may be able to help i had the same problem until i switched from my crt old school monitor to my plazma tv it sounds strange but it worked trust me thats why you only have a black screen when ever you press any button.Its going into the bios but you just wont be able to see it i tried my lcd also a old one and no luck but try a better screen and you'll be ok. hope thus helped as it did me
i know it sounds strange like i said but i swear thats how i fixed mine.its a stupid bug with gigabyte boards not all but the last 2 i tried.I had a b75 same problem so i exchanged for a h77 and the same thing.Easy fix is to use a higher res monitor. :hello: 
m
l
February 14, 2013 1:14:03 PM

I am having the same problem. I also have a CRT screen. 19"AOC. I discovered that if you power up the computer with the vga cable umplugged , then press DEL when you see the lights in the keyboard and after that plug the screen cable , you can see the bios setup in the CRT that way... don't ask me why. :o 
m
l
February 17, 2013 11:12:35 AM

newrono said:
I am having the same problem. I also have a CRT screen. 19"AOC. I discovered that if you power up the computer with the vga cable umplugged , then press DEL when you see the lights in the keyboard and after that plug the screen cable , you can see the bios setup in the CRT that way... don't ask me why. :o 

yeah that sounds like it probably would work but i just went and bought a new lcd so i wan't get the problem again thank's for the input though. :) 
m
l
June 18, 2013 11:56:38 PM

newrono said:

Thank you so much for this quick fix!!!! You don't know what I've been through trying to figure this out. I have a visual problem that won't allow me to use flat screens, only CRTs don't hurt my eyes, so I was really bummed that I may never be able to get into my brand new computer's bios! I did what you suggested and it worked like a charm. PHEW!

Now what we need is a bios setting that will accept a CRT from the beginning without having to trick the system. Any ideas?
m
l
June 19, 2013 4:39:39 AM

Thank you for your response! It's so nice to know you could help somebody although it is only a little. This quick fix is enough for me to not to have to buy a different motherboard, because i don't need to enter bios frecquently, but it would be interesing that manufacturer solves this issue in a new bios revision.
You made my day knowing it helped you :) 

Web Design by Trishah said:
newrono said:

Thank you so much for this quick fix!!!! You don't know what I've been through trying to figure this out. I have a visual problem that won't allow me to use flat screens, only CRTs don't hurt my eyes, so I was really bummed that I may never be able to get into my brand new computer's bios! I did what you suggested and it worked like a charm. PHEW!

Now what we need is a bios setting that will accept a CRT from the beginning without having to trick the system. Any ideas?

m
l
!