Which storage device is better ?

Storage Disk: SAMSUNG

or

Storage Disk: Western

Which one of these is faster / better ? !!!! pls help !!

also between these two.

Boot Drive: OCZ

or

Boot Drive: Crucial

please tell me why you think its better as well thanks !
9 answers Last reply
More about which storage device
  1. Storage Disk: Western
    Boot Drive: Crucial
    These two get my vote , the WD has a 64 mb cache and is sata 3 and the OCZ Agility has been getting a lot of bad reviews while the Crucial is getting good ones.
  2. If it's just going be for storage ONLY, The Samsung is a better drive for it's bigger and runs cooler. The "green" drives run at a lower RPM (5400RPMs versus 7200RPM's), but then again, they are designed for storage only. The WD Blacks are really more for a boot drive, and you don't have the money for a good SSD.
  3. out of curiousity ? how do i set these up ? I want this comp to be a extremely fast computer for gaming. How do i set up the computer ? do i put the OS on the SSD and any games I will be playing on the ssd and everything else on the HD ?
  4. testinglife said:
    out of curiousity ? how do i set these up ? I want this comp to be a extremely fast computer for gaming. How do i set up the computer ? do i put the OS on the SSD and any games I will be playing on the ssd and everything else on the HD ?

Yep. OS on bootdrive, and other frequently used programs. Mp3s, videos, pictures, go to storage.
  5. Samsung F3 is the best HDD and Crucial M4 is best SSD simple as that
  6. In both SSDs there are not so many diffrences as far as i remmber so any of those will be great. For HDD Samsung:
    From expirince, i had seagetes, and using massive downloads and some lights out killed my hdds in 3-5 months (not kidding, i burned 3 hdds like this).

Samsung ive been using for over 2 years some spinpoint F1, i keep dling, and i had many many more lights out ( new guy living at my flat is retard and dose not understand he cant turn on 2 many things at once).
    So far, none failed.
  7. madchemist83 said:
    Samsung F3 is the best HDD and Crucial M4 is best SSD simple as that

can you offer me a link for Samsung F3 that you prefer ?
  8. ^ yeah that one
    +1
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build SATA Storage Systems Product