Sign in with
Your question

Which storage device is better ?

Last response: in Systems
September 13, 2011 4:03:59 AM

Storage Disk:

or

Storage Disk:

Which one of these is faster / better ? !!!! pls help !!

also between these two.

Boot Drive:

or

Boot Drive:

please tell me why you think its better as well thanks !

More about : storage device

a c 119 G Storage
September 13, 2011 4:26:35 AM

Storage Disk:
Boot Drive:
These two get my vote , the WD has a 64 mb cache and is sata 3 and the OCZ Agility has been getting a lot of bad reviews while the Crucial is getting good ones.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 13, 2011 4:58:15 AM

If it's just going be for storage ONLY, The Samsung is a better drive for it's bigger and runs cooler. The "green" drives run at a lower RPM (5400RPMs versus 7200RPM's), but then again, they are designed for storage only. The WD Blacks are really more for a boot drive, and you don't have the money for a good SSD.
m
l
Related resources
September 13, 2011 5:57:20 AM

out of curiousity ? how do i set these up ? I want this comp to be a extremely fast computer for gaming. How do i set up the computer ? do i put the OS on the SSD and any games I will be playing on the ssd and everything else on the HD ?
m
l
September 13, 2011 6:25:47 AM

testinglife said:
out of curiousity ? how do i set these up ? I want this comp to be a extremely fast computer for gaming. How do i set up the computer ? do i put the OS on the SSD and any games I will be playing on the ssd and everything else on the HD ?

Yep. OS on bootdrive, and other frequently used programs. Mp3s, videos, pictures, go to storage.
m
l
September 13, 2011 11:36:31 AM

Samsung F3 is the best HDD and Crucial M4 is best SSD simple as that
m
l
September 13, 2011 12:05:53 PM

In both SSDs there are not so many diffrences as far as i remmber so any of those will be great. For HDD Samsung:
From expirince, i had seagetes, and using massive downloads and some lights out killed my hdds in 3-5 months (not kidding, i burned 3 hdds like this).

Samsung ive been using for over 2 years some spinpoint F1, i keep dling, and i had many many more lights out ( new guy living at my flat is retard and dose not understand he cant turn on 2 many things at once).
So far, none failed.
m
l
September 13, 2011 6:24:43 PM

madchemist83 said:
Samsung F3 is the best HDD and Crucial M4 is best SSD simple as that

can you offer me a link for Samsung F3 that you prefer ?
m
l
!