Question about SLI on a ASUS Sabertooth Z77

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyrumX

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
I know this motherboard has 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16, but with SLI it becomes a dual x8. So if i were to put two GTX 670 4GB in this motherboard, would it be equal to a single card running at x16?

Solution
I recomend this board not just for it looks , it a strong solid board, since the day I installed mine its been running perfectly. It does well with SLI , the gap between the two cards is large so its excellent for cooling in SLI, dont let the x16 or x8 + x8 bother you as in the tests online it showed there wasnt a difference in fps.
The Sabertooth , overclocks really well, and also posts quickly and will also post if it finds any errors it can correct. I have mine overclocked at 4.6 GHZ with a 3770K and it runs smoothly with no problems, I highly recomend this board and I am really happy with my purchase.

SyrumX

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
really? hm.. well i never experienced sli... would you recommend it just for looks? lol. i was planning on water cooling my system in the future and thought it'd look better with two cards.

That aside, im also curious now that i know about sli with x8/x8, what would the scaling be? would it be worth it?

monsta

Splendid
I recomend this board not just for it looks , it a strong solid board, since the day I installed mine its been running perfectly. It does well with SLI , the gap between the two cards is large so its excellent for cooling in SLI, dont let the x16 or x8 + x8 bother you as in the tests online it showed there wasnt a difference in fps.
The Sabertooth , overclocks really well, and also posts quickly and will also post if it finds any errors it can correct. I have mine overclocked at 4.6 GHZ with a 3770K and it runs smoothly with no problems, I highly recomend this board and I am really happy with my purchase.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.