Hello,

Specs:
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.0 Ghz
AsRock A770DE+
4 GB DDR2 Patriot ram
500 GB HD
750W Corsair PSU
Raidmax Sagitta Case

My wuestion is is my cpu going bad? Reason is because i have noticed that my cpu is running at 62C. that is really not good because that is the max temp for the cpu. The motherboard runs at 40C as well as all of the other components. The heatsink i have installed is a XIGMATEK APACHE. What do u think the problem here may be?
And how could i diagnose if the cpu is bad?

Please help.

It's possible the cpu heatsink isn't installed properly, or the hardware monitor software isn't accurate with your motherboard. I wouldn't worry too much. If you can touch the base of the cpu heatsink without burning your finger, then the temps may be lower. Cpus don't go bad; they either work or don't. If they're bad or overheating, then windows will start bluescreening or simply shut down.

jr_pomonero

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

thanks bro for taking the interest to help me.
yea i thought the same exact thing.that perhaps the heatsink isnt installed properly.The mother board that i am using is 4 weeks old.It is an asrock.So i downloaded the asrock oc tuner just to view the volts and temps.i dont like overclocking.the cpu is runnning stock. Another thing i forgot to mention is that the cpu is running cool when i do regular activitis.For example-surfing the web,watching movies,playing music.But when it comes to playing BF3 or other games it gets really hot. I was wondering. could this be because the heatsink is not powerful enough to keep cpu cool? The heatsink I have installed is a XIGMATEK APACHE.
Here is the link the link to the Heatsink.

http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=125

I dont believe my CPU is not powerful enough for games or any software that may require a lot of cpu. It is a really good CPU.