Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.0 bios update not for 64bit????????

Last response: in Motherboards
September 24, 2012 1:25:37 AM

GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.0 when i downloaded the bios update on the website. When I try to run it, It says isnt compatible with windows 7 64 bit windows.......

And i can't seem to find a bios update for rev 2.0 thats 64bit.... what do i do? please help

downloaded a bios updater for the mother bored and it says it cant find the bios.ini file in selected server....
a b $ Windows 7
a c 195 V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 2:01:30 AM

First why do you need to update the BIOS? Are you haveing compatbility problems with something?

Second you don't update BIOS by running it. If you want to update BIOS from inside Windows then you need to download @BIOS from the Gigabyte website. It will be under tools or something similar on your motherboard's download page.

If something goes wrong during a BIOS flash it will break your motherboard so be sure you actually need to do it.
m
l
September 24, 2012 2:06:37 AM

my bios are FA the very first version and the news one help AMD stuff which I need for gaming. Increases FPS alot. I just got that utility and it told me that it couldent locate the bios.ini in the selected servers. And the other one said its not compatible for 64 bit windows.....
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
a c 195 V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 2:13:10 AM

If @BIOS will not find an update on any of the servers you can download the BIOS update to your hard drive and still use the @BIOS tool to update that way. Just point it at the download instead of using the internet update.

You can try all the servers. The Taiwan server will usually work since that's Gigabyte's home.

BIOS runs outside Windows and should not care one way or the other if you run 64 bit or not.
September 24, 2012 2:15:37 AM

psychostoner said:
GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.0 when i downloaded the bios update on the website. When I try to run it, It says isnt compatible with windows 7 64 bit windows.......

And i can't seem to find a bios update for rev 2.0 thats 64bit.... what do i do? please help

downloaded a bios updater for the mother bored and it says it cant find the bios.ini file in selected server....

you can go to bios setup and pres F8 for Qflash to flash bios.
the bios file 890gpaud3.ff needs to be stored into FAT32 usb drive.
or instal @bios utility to flash bios under windows
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 195 V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 2:20:36 AM

Also I have never heard of a BIOS update helping with "AMD stuff". And it certainly will not increase FPS unless a newer version allows for higher overclocking.

The main reason to do a BIOS update is to increase compatibility with things like RAM or newer generations of CPUs. It's not going to make anything faster or make gaming any better. I don't know who told you it would but they are wrong.

Just read what each BIOS version does. It's listed next to it on the download page.

1.Support new JM363 version
2.Fix Cool'n'Quiet compatibility

1.Support new LAN version
2.Update new RAID ROM version

1.Update CPU AGESA 3.7.1.0
2.Support new AMD SB850 version
3.Support new LAN Boot ROM version
4.Fix audio noise issue while running ET6 in Win7

1.First Release

None of that translates to "magically makes computer faster".
m
l
September 24, 2012 2:24:14 AM

I have a thuban 1055t x6 processor as well.
m
l
September 24, 2012 4:51:24 AM

Best answer selected by psychostoner.
m
l
!