4x4 or 2x8?

xHALORDx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hello, Looking to get 16gb of RAM for my new PC. Originally I went with G,skill Ripjaws x 2x8 but they had bad reviews so I decided to get the sniper series. I don't really want 4x4 because that leaves me unopen for upgrade later, So I was leaning towards 2x8. I'll take whichever is 'better' and if there is no difference I'll go with the 2x8 if they are the same price because they're only around 100 and I'll probably get another kit soon after just because I might as well.

xHALORDx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

I host a few servers for games at a time which doesnt really need 16+ gb RAM but I might as well its only 100 plus stuff rapidly becoming more ram dependent so I dunno

G

Couldn't you just have answered the question if you knew? Quite douchy me thinks... I understand that there are upper limits depending on OS, but all things aside, is there any difference in performance between those two configurations?

It's only a year or two since I read on a tech forum that you still don't really need more than 4GB, which is total bullocks. Can hardly play any games now since web browsers, among other things, have suddenly started taking up ridiculous amount of memory. I'm getting sick of closing down back ground processes in task manager.