Have my parts list finished, need to decide on a case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon6923

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Let me begin by telling you that I am not the most knowledgeable in proper hardware. I have a couple of friends and relatives that do this sort of thing often and they both went through my parts list to give me the 'okay.' I already own an optical drive and storage HDD, which is why they are vacant from the list.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACFZ13-LTD 4.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard Drive: Sandisk Ultra 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card (CrossFire)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card (CrossFire)
Power Supply: Cooler Master 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

As for cases I have been looking at the cooler master HAF-x or the raven03. I was also recommended to possibly use the ft02. My last case was an HAF-x and I do not particularly like the way it looks, but it was more or less functional. I am guessing from the sheer size of my components I am limited to full towers. My budget is probably around 300$ for the case. I appreciate any input. I am not very particular about aesthetics or flashy colors. My primary concern is temperature, durability, and then sound... in that order. Appreciate any sort of feedback you can give me!

Solution

I can understand your feeling that you need to change and go to a different case. What you now have, HAF X is a great case.

Lots of choices here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007583%20600006304&IsNodeId=1&name=ATX%20Full%20Tower

As you have correctly pointed out, stay with a full tower case for better cooling and also better accessibility of components. Look at some unboxing videos, and read some reviews. They are all good cases.

My choice is still HAF X...

I can understand your feeling that you need to change and go to a different case. What you now have, HAF X is a great case.

Lots of choices here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007583%20600006304&IsNodeId=1&name=ATX%20Full%20Tower

As you have correctly pointed out, stay with a full tower case for better cooling and also better accessibility of components. Look at some unboxing videos, and read some reviews. They are all good cases.

My choice is still HAF X for my next build (current case HAF 932).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.