Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Have my parts list finished, need to decide on a case!

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
December 13, 2011 11:16:57 PM

Let me begin by telling you that I am not the most knowledgeable in proper hardware. I have a couple of friends and relatives that do this sort of thing often and they both went through my parts list to give me the 'okay.' I already own an optical drive and storage HDD, which is why they are vacant from the list.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACFZ13-LTD 4.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard Drive: Sandisk Ultra 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card (CrossFire)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card (CrossFire)
Power Supply: Cooler Master 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

As for cases I have been looking at the cooler master HAF-x or the raven03. I was also recommended to possibly use the ft02. My last case was an HAF-x and I do not particularly like the way it looks, but it was more or less functional. I am guessing from the sheer size of my components I am limited to full towers. My budget is probably around 300$ for the case. I appreciate any input. I am not very particular about aesthetics or flashy colors. My primary concern is temperature, durability, and then sound... in that order. Appreciate any sort of feedback you can give me!

More about : parts list finished decide case

a c 96 ) Power supply
December 13, 2011 11:27:20 PM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

My present case is CM HAF932. My next case will be CM HAF X.

CM cases are great for cooling.
Score
December 13, 2011 11:30:58 PM

Ubrales said:
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

My present case is CM HAF932. My next case will be CM HAF X.

CM cases are great for cooling.

Thank you for the welcome. My current (the one I am replacing) computer uses this HAF-X. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Part of me just thought if I was building a new pc I should be using a new case as well.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 96 ) Power supply
December 13, 2011 11:46:32 PM

Anon6923 said:
Thank you for the welcome. My current (the one I am replacing) computer uses this HAF-X. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Part of me just thought if I was building a new pc I should be using a new case as well.

I can understand your feeling that you need to change and go to a different case. What you now have, HAF X is a great case.

Lots of choices here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

As you have correctly pointed out, stay with a full tower case for better cooling and also better accessibility of components. Look at some unboxing videos, and read some reviews. They are all good cases.

My choice is still HAF X for my next build (current case HAF 932).
December 25, 2011 4:14:27 AM

Best answer selected by anon6923.
Score
!