ahmadullah

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hello,
I am an student of BCS and i need the information of dual core vs core 2 duo.
Can you please help to describe the difference.
Thanks

xtreme5

Distinguished
Dual Core is a "class" or architecture of processors which refers to any processor with two cores on the same chip.
Core2Duo is a registered trademark [™] of the Intel Corporation.

dual-core have low power frequecny low cache multi processing is not too accurate low FSB

while

core 2 duo are newer and have much power higher cache both cores work perfecly in heavy load overclocking is better and higher FSB.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
The standard "core2duos are faster than ordinary dual cores" response is no longer valid. Core2duo is old technology now, and there are probably Sandy Bridge dual cores available now that are more powerful than a core2duo. As bumnut53 said, an i3 counts as a dual core, and the i3 is definitely more powerful than a core2duo.

That's not correct

Both DC and C2D are same

But C2D are much faster,cooler and smoother than dual core. Note : C2D are Faster !

Only the Chipset technology have been made adavnced in C2D

Hope that help !
it helps if you want misinformation. "Dual core" is any cpu with 2 cpu cores on the one CPU. A "Core 2 Duo" is a trademarked name and model of Intel processor that is dual core (it has 2 cores on the 1 cpu) there is also a Core 2 Quad, which is quad core. there are many types of "dual core" cpu's such as the AMD Phenom X2, AMD Athlon X2, Intel core i3, ARM Cortex A9 etc etc etc......

xtreme5

Distinguished
That's not correct

Both DC and C2D are same

But C2D are much faster,cooler and smoother than dual core. Note : C2D are Faster !

Only the Chipset technology have been made adavnced in C2D

Hope that help !
well, you had clearly mention that core 2 duo are much "faster,cooler,smoother" than dual-core than what thing was left in C2D against dual-core those are the general things which can show you which one is better and you also mention both DC and C2D are same...

oh for craps sake please people stop dishing out pointless misinformation!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core_processor < dual core
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_2 < core 2 duo
you cant compare a "dual core" cpu to a core 2 duo, simply because the core 2 duo IS a type of dual core CPU. A "Dual Core" CPU is NOT a type of CPU, it is a term used to describe ANY CPU with 2 cores. A core 2 duo can't be faster than a dual core because it IS a dual core, as are many other types of DUAL CORE CPU's!!!!!!!

Its the chipset formation and integration that make C2D much smooth and hence faster than Dual core

"Dual Core" is a generic term for a CPU, APU or ARM processor with two cores.

The Intel Pentium D is an example of a dual core CPU.
The AMD Llano A4-3400 is an example of a dual core APU (at least that's the term AMD uses for a CPU chip with a graphics core).
The nVidia Tegra 2 is an example of a dual core ARM processor used in cellphones.

SAMUELSIDERS

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
THE PENTIUM (R) D. AND THE DUAL-CORE. AND THE CORE 2 DUAL. THE DIFFERENCE IS. THE PENTIUM (R) D FSB 800MHZ MAX . RAM 4GS MAX. THE DUAL -CORE FSB 800MHZ MAX. RAM 8GS MAX. THE CORE 2 DUAL IS THE FASTEST.FSB 1066MHZ OR MORE. RAM 8GS OR HIGHER. DOWNLOAD CPU-Z FOR FREE. PRICE BIG DIFFRENCE TO.