Sign in with
Your question

Cases for Maximus V formula

Last response: in Motherboards
September 24, 2012 12:04:46 PM

Could some one please list some cheap pc towers that i could fit the asus Maximus V formula. seems that i can fit in mid towers but i want to be sure

Thanx in advance

s.k

More about : cases maximus formula

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 2:23:58 PM

There is no cheap case and why would you put a $300 motherboard in a cheap case not a good idea imo here is a case that will work Case:COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Black Mesh, Plastic, Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 11:43:40 AM

It won't fit without modding the cases i don't think please give me a link to the motherboard i want to check if i am thinking of the correct one
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 12:00:25 PM

That is the motherboard i was thinking of yeah it won't fit those other cases the problem is OP wants a cheaper case i assume by the cases OP inquired about $50 -$70 range is what OP is hoping for i don't think it's possible though to get a good case that will work with that mobo for that price do you ?
September 25, 2012 12:06:43 PM

no not really e-atx is a premium on cases
September 25, 2012 1:42:46 PM

thanks for this input

Its just that the its not a full E-atx its only 12 inch x 10.1 inch ( 30.5 cm x 25.7 cm ) compared to 305 × 330 (full E atx)

so i was wondering if i could get it in a better value for money ATX case. its only 1.3 centimeters longer but since i have never done a homebuild before i want some good advice.. ill take a look at this case above and try and find some reviews, any other advice would be appreciated.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 2:01:37 PM

Hmmm... after reading the specs seems your correct very odd it's listed as full E-atx must mean they skimped somewhere during the making of the motherboard tisk...tisk...Dam shame i love Asus i will be looking into this further and report back in a few days i am going out of town tonight and won't be back till the 5th.Hopefully someone can help before then good luck!
September 25, 2012 2:13:07 PM

thanks for the help so far..i just need to solve this case issue and i should be able to start the build.

thanx again
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 180 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 4:11:30 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This may be the case found by emperor piehead but can't be sure because his link just goes to Newegg and not a specific page but the product number matches. This case will fit XL-Atx , E-Atx and regular Atx so there is no question that it will fit that MB.
Are you looking for something specific in a case or just to fit the MB?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 180 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 4:27:50 PM

I think that once a board goes to 12"x 10" it get's classified as an extended Atx and while it's only just barely into the EX-Atx classification it's still in that classification. So you may run into a problem with the screw holes on the board if you try to get a Atx case and the screw holes on the MB are set up for EX-Atx. By getting a case that will accomodate EX-Atx then it will have the screw holes for both Atx and EX-Atx.
The two cases you linked on the first page would not work because they are for Atx only.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 4:35:00 PM

Thanks for coming to help inzone. I am confused on this one. At first my thoughts were why someone would buy that kind of motherboard and want to put it in a $60-$70 case but to each their own.And that's beside the point of why I asked you to come help.I couldn't figure out if a standard atx case would be compatible.Thanks for confirming it.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 180 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 7:39:22 PM

Hey bigcyco1 just take the blue pill and free your mind. LOL
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
September 25, 2012 7:41:11 PM

LMAO! :lol: 
!