Sign in with
Your question

New Build - but have some questions first

Last response: in Systems
September 13, 2011 9:59:37 PM

Ok, so I am building a new pc, and have a couple of questions first

Do I need the MSI GTX 580 lightning extreme, or will the non-extreme do just fine? I will only be using one monitor, and will be recording with fraps, I also would like it to be future proof to an extent :) 

Does the NZXT phantom have good airflow, or should I go with the AZZA HURICAN 2000?

Thanks
-adren

More about : build questions

September 13, 2011 10:27:07 PM

Anyone?
m
l
September 14, 2011 12:19:30 AM

No one?...
m
l
Related resources
March 16, 2012 1:06:05 AM

adrennn said:

Do I need the MSI GTX 580 lightning extreme, or will the non-extreme do just fine? I will only be using one monitor, and will be recording with fraps, I also would like it to be future proof to an extent :) 

Does the NZXT phantom have good airflow, or should I go with the AZZA HURICAN 2000?

Thanks
-adren

lol, I'll help you.

If you want superior airflow, and don't mind the sound, go with the Antec Lanboy Air: that thing can hold up to 15 fans!

If you want quiet: use the Antec 1200V3, I've read a lot of good reviews

Out of your two choices: Azza Hurican.
(:
m
l
March 16, 2012 1:07:00 AM

adrennn said:

Thanks
-adren

As for the graphics card: non-extreme or an EVGA.
m
l
March 16, 2012 1:10:10 AM

Personal experience with the phantom is it's quiet and has good airflow, in my opinion all cases comE down to looks, and personal prefrence.
m
l
!