Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I sometimes have a buzz at startup?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 6:00:53 PM

I have a Gigabyte Z77-D3H. On startup it buzzes sometimes then beeps once, sometimes It'll buzz then at the same time beep and continue buzzing. Not to sure wherever this is just the speaker that I personally think is bad or wherever the motherboard is being temperamental. By the way, when it is buzzing it will still startup fine :lol: . Anyway many thanks in advance and their is a best answer in it for you if you do well!

EDIT: thought I would add as it is a Z77 board, I haven't overclocked anything, I did try with the GPU but then I reset back to default.

More about : buzz startup

a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 6:17:04 PM

Ehh, the beep is correct, what kind of buzzing is it? Does it sound electrical or mechanical? Check your fans and make sure there is nothing that may start out as a potential obstruction to the fan, which could be causing the buzzing.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 6:33:18 PM

chugot9218 said:
Ehh, the beep is correct, what kind of buzzing is it? Does it sound electrical or mechanical? Check your fans and make sure there is nothing that may start out as a potential obstruction to the fan, which could be causing the buzzing.


Electrical, it started a couple of days ago, I haven't done anything different either. Yes I know the Beep is correct, it means it is fine, but I am wondering if it is the motherboard doing the weird buzzing noise or speaker. If it is the speaker I will buy a new one. :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 6:54:57 PM

You think it is the system speaker making the buzzing? Just try removing it then, you do not need it installed to start up.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 6:55:50 PM

chugot9218 said:
You think it is the system speaker making the buzzing? Just try removing it then, you do not need it installed to start up.


No, it is the motherboard speaker that makes the post that make that noise.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 7:01:05 PM

...system speaker = motherboard speaker...
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 7:05:04 PM

chugot9218 said:
...system speaker = motherboard speaker...


What a idiot I am :lol: .

I don't really want to remove it though, as I like hearing the POST just incase, think I will buy another system speaker.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 7:12:46 PM

Just remove it and start up, see if you still have the buzzing. If not, re-install it and you can look into other components that may be causing it.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 7:14:38 PM

chugot9218 said:
Just remove it and start up, see if you still have the buzzing. If not, re-install it and you can look into other components that may be causing it.


I'm 99% sure it is it doing it, but I am wondering if it is the motherboard telling the speaker to buzz, or wherever the speaker is just malfunctioning.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 7:18:13 PM

It would be the speaker buzzing, i.e. the cone inside is bad or some electrical connection is shorting, the MOBO should not be sending any audio signals that would sound like a buzzing.
Share
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 7:20:07 PM

chugot9218 said:
It would be the speaker buzzing, i.e. the cone inside is bad or some electrical connection is shorting, the MOBO should not be sending any audio signals that would sound like a buzzing.


Thanks that's it :)  You get the best answer!
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2012 7:20:17 PM

Best answer selected by spat55.
m
0
l
!