We need more Conservative judges.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote:
> http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95CB3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google
>
> Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting all
> over the rights of people in favor of big business?

Yep, what a split.

Thanks to Surt from /. for this:

In favor:
John Paul Stevens - Ford/republican
Anthony Kennedy - Reagan/republican
David H. Souter - Bush/republican
Ruth Bader Ginsburg - Clinton/democrat
Stephen G. Breyer - Clinton/democrat

Against:
Sandra Day O'Connor - Reagan/republican
William H. Rehnquist - Nixon-Reagan/ republican
Antonin Scalia - Reagan/republican
Clarence Thomas - Bush/republican

Swi

Fred Liken <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote:
>http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95CB3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google
>
>Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting all
>over the rights of people in favor of big business?

I'll believe this the day "conservatives" admit GWBush's fortune
was built on an abuse of eminent domain[1]. In other words, hell will
probably freeze over first.

[1] http://www.mollyivins.com/showMisc.asp?FileName=970509_f1.htm
http://www.bushfiles.com/bushfiles/SweetheartDeal.html
http://wampum.wabanaki.net/archives/000515.html

--
"_The Calendar._ Each week has seven days, known as: Sand Day, Mud Day,
Grues Day, Wands Day, Birthday, Frob [tm] Day, Star Day. Frob day is actually

"Andrew Ryan Chang" <archang@sfu.ca> wrote in message
> Fred Liken <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote:
>>http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95CB3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google
>>
>>Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting
>>all
>>over the rights of people in favor of big business?
>
> I'll believe this the day "conservatives" admit GWBush's fortune
> was built on an abuse of eminent domain[1]. In other words, hell will
> probably freeze over first.
>
> [1] http://www.mollyivins.com/showMisc.asp?FileName=970509_f1.htm
> http://www.bushfiles.com/bushfiles/SweetheartDeal.html
> http://wampum.wabanaki.net/archives/000515.html

Personally I don't like the use of eminent domain in any situation if it can
be avoided, and I think most conservatives agree with that. So it's not
good that the property owners in this case were forced to take a lowball
price. In the end the property owners did get their money, though.

But are you saying that a publically owned stadium does not qualify as
"public use?" Although there can be plenty of opportunity for abuse in such
a case, at least it falls under the obvious meaning of "public use" in the
Constitution. That's a far cry from taking property in order to build
condos, bigger homes, and privately owned shopping malls, for no other
reason than to (hopefully) increase tax revenues. How can that in any way
be considered "public use?"

El Guapo <plethora@pinatas.com> wrote:
>> I'll believe this the day "conservatives" admit GWBush's fortune
>> was built on an abuse of eminent domain[1]. In other words, hell will

>But are you saying that a publically owned stadium does not qualify as
>"public use?" Although there can be plenty of opportunity for abuse in such

In this case, your question is irrelevant: Arlington's ballpark is
no longer publically owned, and it was always privately operated. Public
money was used for private purposes, up to and including granting the
Rangers development rights to 253 acres surrounding the park (the stadium
itself only occupies 17 acres). That's just a land grab on the part of
the Rangers. And s a matter of fact, the stadium, built with public
money, was sold to the Rangers far below cost: it cost $191M, and was sold
to the Rangers on $60M rent paid to that date.

http://www.texasobserver.org/showMisc.asp?FileName=970509_f1.htm

>a case, at least it falls under the obvious meaning of "public use" in the
>Constitution. That's a far cry from taking property in order to build
>condos, bigger homes, and privately owned shopping malls, for no other
>reason than to (hopefully) increase tax revenues. How can that in any way
>be considered "public use?"

A mall is no less private, and no more public, than a privately
owned and operated stadium. I agree with you that eminent domain to
create a mall is hard to justify in terms of public good; I hope you will
agree with me that using it to create this stadium in Arlington is equally
as hard to justify.

And the discussion of this case, IMO, puts the lie to the claim
that right-wingers are serious about property rights.

--
Smile! You're at Mr. Smiley's.

> And the discussion of this case, IMO, puts the lie to the claim
> that right-wingers are serious about property rights.

The Conservative Judges voted against.

In article <42bae798$0$717$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95C
B3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google

>Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting all
>over the rights of people in favor of big business?

Just like Spock has always said...the needs of the many outway the needs of
the few.

Its a shame that even Spock understands and you don't Fred.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

In article <42bae798$0$717$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95C
B3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google

>Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting all
>over the rights of people in favor of big business?

We also need more Republican presidents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/23/world/main703813.shtml

http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/23/markets/oil.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Nothing like having an oil man in office.

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

>>Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting
>>all
>>over the rights of people in favor of big business?
>
> We also need more Republican presidents.
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/23/world/main703813.shtml

Oh yes, we must make sure to base our foreign policy decisions on popularity
contests! Good call.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

Fred Liken <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote:
>"Andrew Ryan Chang" <archang@sfu.ca> wrote in message
>> And the discussion of this case, IMO, puts the lie to the claim
>> that right-wingers are serious about property rights.
>
>The Conservative Judges voted against.

Way to pay attention. My point was that a prominent
right-winger benefitted enormously from an abuse of eminent domain and
just about no serious conservative has even admitted this much less tried
to reconcile that with the principle of property rights. When I said
"this case", I didn't mean the SCOTUS decision, but rather an actual case
of abuse of eminent domain for privat profit.

--
You are standing in an open field west of a white
house, with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here.

In article <42bb2413$0$740$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>>Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting
>>>all
>>>over the rights of people in favor of big business?
>>
>> We also need more Republican presidents.
>>
>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/23/world/main703813.shtml
>
>Oh yes, we must make sure to base our foreign policy decisions on popularity
>contests! Good call.

Not all of them but lets at least have somebody in power who doesn't piss
everybody off but the Polaks.....lmao!!!

> Not all of them but lets at least have somebody in power who doesn't piss
> everybody off but the Polaks.....lmao!!!

What difference does it make what the average French person thinks?

In article <42bb341b$0$650$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>> Not all of them but lets at least have somebody in power who doesn't piss
>> everybody off but the Polaks.....lmao!!!
>
>What difference does it make what the average French person thinks?

I'm just saying that you should change up your game in some areas if your only
friends are a bunch of polaks.

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95CB3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google
>
> Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting
> all over the rights of people in favor of big business?

Notice the crossposted, off-topic, flamebait? How is it that FL can claim
to be anything but a troll?

seth

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
[snip link]

So are the trolls here all political, or is this like, a standard tactic?
Removed irrelevant groups, or at least as many as I could and still send the
message.

> In article <42bb341b$0$650$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>
>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Not all of them but lets at least have somebody in power who doesn't
>>> piss
>>> everybody off but the Polaks.....lmao!!!
>>
>>What difference does it make what the average French person thinks?
>>
> I'm just saying that you should change up your game in some areas if your
> only
> friends are a bunch of polaks.

The USA's friends are quite numerous, even if the population of those
countries are poo-pooed.

"JoblessDave" <JoblessDave@notlisted.us> wrote in message
> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95
CB3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google

> > Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting
> > all over the rights of people in favor of big business?
>
> Notice the crossposted, off-topic, flamebait? How is it that FL can claim
> to be anything but a troll?

I didn't think there was ever a doubt about him being a troll.

In article <42bc22f1$0$660$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <42bb341b$0$650$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
>> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>>
>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

>>>What difference does it make what the average French person thinks?
>>>
>> I'm just saying that you should change up your game in some areas if your
>> only
>> friends are a bunch of polaks.
>
>The USA's friends are quite numerous, even if the population of those
>countries are poo-pooed.

Bush and polaks have alot in common.

theone

JoblessDave wrote:
> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
>
>>http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BCAC369BE-DF33-421D-9DE1-95CB3AA7DC38%7D&siteid=google
>>
>>Notice the split? How is it that Democrat appointed judges are shitting
>>all over the rights of people in favor of big business?
>

> Notice the crossposted, off-topic, flamebait? How is it that FL can claim
> to be anything but a troll?

because he gets teabagged from the usenet mod himself (robert p holley)
so its all right; granted he doesn't fall behind, so to speak.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

What's with the political trolling? C'mon isn't taunting jojo enough fun?

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us. -- Pogo

In article <87u0jnnsy3.fsf@tc-1-100.kawasaki.gol.ne.jp>, miles@gnu.org says...

>What's with the political trolling? C'mon isn't taunting jojo enough fun?
>
>-Miles
>--
>We have met the enemy, and he is us. -- Pogo

You just gotta love conservatives who think they have some grasp of the little
mystery we call life.