Adding an icon to system tray

What I basically want to do is customize an icon that
goes in my startup tray. I don't want it to do anything.
How do I get an icon in my system tray that
does....nothing? Just sits there.

Hi

Do you know the difference between startup tray and system tray.

Start up means putting the icons in the start up folder so that the application launches and putting them in teh system tray means putting them in the lower right hand corner and then lauching it when you want.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh