Balloon Tips on Windows XP Task Bar

Let me see if I can explain my problem easily....
I am creating a simple window by using Windows Api's CreateWindow()
command, and making SetWindowLong, ShowWindow..calls to display the
window. When I run the process, and the window is created, as we all
know, the icons show up on the task bar. However, when this process is
created, the ballon tips that show up on the task bars, and show the
process names when mouse is on the icon get messed up. The names shown
in the balloon tips are wrong..they are off by one!! However when I
move the mouse away from the task bar, and bring it back, the balloon
tip shows the correct name...

Has anybody seen this type of problem before? It only happens in
XP..not in NT..Any ideas will be greatly appreciated...I want to fix
the balloon tip problem because when you have many windows open, you
can't read the whole name in the task bar, and the balloon tips are
helpful...

Thanks for your help!

Manu
1 answer Last reply
More about balloon tips windows task

    | "Manu" <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spam/fightspam.mspx>
    | wrote in message news:38c29150.0407161227.5e2b1251@posting.google.com
    | Let me see if I can explain my problem easily....
    | I am creating a simple window by using Windows Api's
    | CreateWindow() command, and making SetWindowLong,
    | ShowWindow..calls to display the window. <SNIP>

    Googling for SetWindowLong returns hits for VB newsgroups.
    If you do not get a reply from this group you can find the experts
    in VB in groups such as:

    microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

    If you are posting to the Microsoft Public Newsgroups using a
    Web Browser here is a link:

    MSDN Home | MSDN Newsgroups
    Discussions in vb_general_discussion
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

    If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as

    Outlook Express, and use the msnews.microsoft.com news

    server, here is a link:

Configuration Windows XP