I play GTA IV in this specs ?

adhame

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hello guys I'm looking forward to buy GTA IV for my PC, but I'm not sure that it can run it :s
This is my specs :
- Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 Ghz (I know it sucks !)
- Radeon HD 5670 @ 1 Go GDDR5
- 4 Gb of RAM
So what do you think ?

You're going to have to run the game on low or medium settings at best, regardless of what resolution you have. GTA IV is a very CPU heavy game and performs poorly even on fast dual core CPUs, it is one of the few games out right now that really needs a quad. With a CPU that barely meets the minimum system requirements, performance will not be great.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
This game is so poorly optmised that its the only freakin game on the planet that IS NOT AT ALL GPU dependant.Previously I owned a gtx 275 with a intel core 2 quad and used to get around 30-40 fps on medium settings at 1680X1050 .Now I upgraded to an i7 and WOW! 40-50 fps on max settings with some occasional dips in the twenties during rains.What I want to say is that gta 4 Only requires a monster cpu and a gpu with monstrous amount of vram even if its a 2 GB 9800 GT.I can't say anything without knowing your resolution

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Ha. I've played GTA4 on my sons Xbox360 and it's adequate at best. OK i've got quite a high end PC but you just can't compare the console and PC version, after all the updates the PC version is simply the BEST version bar none. Once played on a decent PC you'll NEVER want to play it on the console again. :lol:

Overclocked Toaster

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
merely installing the game on a PC is a huge pain in the ass. then you have to deal with gwfl, a shitload of bugs, poorly optimized graphics, and a game that really isnt meant for mouse+keyboard. usually pc version is better, not in this case for me. the critics agree with me. an insignificant boost in graphics does not make up for all the problems this game has.