Sign in with
Your question

Fan and heatsink for my processor

Last response: in CPUs
December 14, 2011 7:51:08 PM

I got a Phenom II x4 960T unlocked to 6 cores and runs rather hot..I have a Thermaltake heatsink and fan but it's not keeping it cool enough so right now I have a fan blowing into the case to help keep it cooled off...am not overclocking it any because of the heat problem

Can anyone suggest a better fan and heatsink?

More about : fan heatsink processor

a b à CPUs
December 14, 2011 7:52:43 PM

what exact model do you have? also your case (for room) and budget.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2011 8:00:25 PM

^+1

I would recommend looking at www.frostytech.com.

The Xigamtek Aegir is very good, but a bit pricey. Also I'd take a look at the Thermaltake Frio
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2011 8:29:04 PM

dirtyferret said:
what exact model do you have? also your case (for room) and budget.

My heatsink and fan is the thermaltake TR2 R1 Tt and my case is a midsize ATX tower ram cpu and power supply are fairly close to each other

Mobo ASUS M4A785-M
RAM PC-6400 4GB 800 mhz
PSU is Thermaltake Tough Power Grand 650W 80 Plus Gold Certified
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2011 8:48:52 PM

that's not a great cooler, in fact if i recall hardwaresecrets stating it performed the same as a stock cooler.

some budget coolers to check out are the
cooler master hyper 212+
xigmatek loki
cooler master tx3

all are under $30 and the cm 212+ is the best of those three although after rebate the loki is $5 on newegg. they all should fit and I ccan recommend even more expensive units if needed but the 212+ has great performance for your dollar.
m
l
December 14, 2011 8:55:28 PM

dirtyferret said:
that's not a great cooler, in fact if i recall hardwaresecrets stating it performed the same as a stock cooler.

some budget coolers to check out are the
cooler master hyper 212+
xigmatek loki
cooler master tx3

all are under $30 and the cm 212+ is the best of those three although after rebate the loki is $5 on newegg. they all should fit and I ccan recommend even more expensive units if needed but the 212+ has great performance for your dollar.

Ok which others would you suggest.. I really hate have to have my fan blowing into the case and would like to be able to put the side back on the case..
m
l
!