Sign in with
Your question

Case options, similar to Arc Midi

Last response: in Components
December 14, 2011 8:43:23 PM

I'm looking to buy a new case and really like the Arc Midi but was wondering if there any full tower options or alternatives that might be better. I have about a 150$ budget and want something simple and sleek, like Arc Midi, that will last me a while. Any other options you guys could recommend to look at besides the Arc Midi?

Also I want to upgrade my power supply since my current one is terrible. I haven't looked at any, but I figured I'd ask now so I wouldn't have to make a thread later. I want something that will be able to handle say an i7 with 2 video cards but isn't overly expensive; a mid range power supply.

Thanks for the help.
December 14, 2011 10:06:20 PM

How about the Design XL? It's from the same company as Arc Midi and it's one of the cheaper full tower cases you can get.

As for the PSU, it depends on what video cards you are intending to xfire/SLI.
For example if you are looking to get 2 580 GTX, you'll need at least 700, if not 750 at 80-90% efficieny level.
But if it is 560 Ti, you'll be looking around 650w. which is a significantly cheaper if availability.,
m
l
December 15, 2011 1:29:32 AM

Debating between the corsair 500r and 650d atm, any opinions?
m
l
December 16, 2011 12:49:45 AM

Ferocious Fairy said:
Debating between the corsair 500r and 650d atm, any opinions?

Unless you're going to water cool, I see no reason to buy the 650d.
The 500r seems to have better air cooling options, and would certainly allow passively cooled systems to work if you have the right components for CPU/GPU cooling.
m
l
!