Sign in with
Your question

GA-K8NS-939 no display nor beeps

Last response: in Motherboards
September 25, 2012 8:25:02 AM

At first the computer beeps 1 long 1 beep. I unplugged many things, cleaned dust, oiled fans, cleaned slots, all look normal. CPU fan spins right. according to standard checklist and troubleshooting thread I did not find any issues that comes up with my problem.

I put out the CMOS battery for 30 sec to erase it to default configurations and then I got no beeps at all and no display on startup.
I've tried everything I know, but have been unable to get anything to display.
When I put out the memories the beeps came back (1 long 1 beep) and start to check all memory slots with my 2 memory cards.
Only when I put one memory in the closest slot to CPU it stops to beep. otherwise it is always beeps.

Is it display card issue?
This MB has no onboard graphic exit.
If I cleared the CMOS to default for my GA-k8NS-939, are the default settings reseted the display configuration?

I am one step before sending this 7-years-old computer to its afterlife (and self parts cannibalism... ;)  )

Thanx

More about : k8ns 939 display beeps

September 25, 2012 8:36:05 AM

If you look in your manual you will see

AWARD BIOS Beep Codes
1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error

1 long 1 short: DRAM or M/B error

1 long 2 short: Monitor or display card error
1 long 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: DRAM error
Continuous short beeps: Power error

You apparently have an issue with your motherboard or memory, i recommend you reseat your memory, aka pull it out and put it back in. If your system does not yet boot then your motherboard is most likely faulty.
m
l
September 25, 2012 12:27:32 PM

my mistake, I meant "continuous long beeps: DRAM error".
Already did memory reseat, slots cleaning, changing the order and amount of these two memory cards I have.
Still beeps, still no display
m
l
Related resources
September 27, 2012 9:53:47 AM

help ?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2012 11:27:37 PM

Make sure the 24 pin connector and the 4pin connector are seated and locked from the power supply to the motherboard, while your at make sure there are no pushed back pins on the connectors.
m
l
September 29, 2012 8:45:30 PM

checked. no power problems. as mentioned before, all fans (CPU, socket, PSU) are working.
just continuous long beeps and blank display.
:-(
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2012 12:59:45 AM

From what you described it is a memory error, I would try new memory. Otherwise your motherboard might have gone bad.
m
l
!