ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128 Flash?

Hello, newbie here lol, umm I have in my possession an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128M AGP Video Card. I also have a Powermac g4 in my possession and I was wondering if it is possible to flash the video card's firmware to make it compatible with this mac? I know it is possible with a 9800, but I found absolutely nothing on doing it with a 9600, so if anyone knows if this is possible, or has done it and can instruct me on how I would go about it, it would be very much appreciated. Please and thank you :)
8 answers Last reply
More about radeon 9600 flash
  1. it should work anyway without flashing it. Try it and see what happens. the worst that could happen is it doesn't work.
  2. There was a Radeon 9600Pro (for IBM/Compatibles) and a 9600Pro PC & Mac Edition as well as the "All in Wonder" 9600Pro. With a "standard" 9600Pro, you have a 50/50 shot of it working. So, as already said...you might as well try it.
  3. I have tried, and nothing showed up on the screen =\
  4. Been there, done that. Probably WON'T work. There are some physical differences in the PC and MAC versions. Digging around the 'Net can shed some light on it. There are even a few old sites still out there that can talk you through how to install a modded BIOS, but those cards are generally very unstable. So, unless you have one of the hard to find PC&Mac Editions (as mentioned above) you are likely out of luck. Sorry, but that is the cold hard truth of it.

    Good luck!
  5. & It displas as an All-in-wonder when i connect it to my pc
  6. displays*
  7. COLGeek said:
    Been there, done that. Probably WON'T work. There are some physical differences in the PC and MAC versions. Digging around the 'Net can shed some light on it. There are even a few old sites still out there that can talk you through how to install a modded BIOS, but those cards are generally very unstable. So, unless you have one of the hard to find PC&Mac Editions (as mentioned above) you are likely out of luck. Sorry, but that is the cold hard truth of it.

    Good luck!

    They were hard to find? Should have seen store shelves here when those cards were "current".... The only 9600Pro I could find locally was the "PC & Mac Edition"...

    Anonymous said:
    & It displas as an All-in-wonder when i connect it to my pc

    To my knowledge, there was no Mac compatible All-in-Wonder 9600Pro...
  8. sykozis said:
    They were hard to find? Should have seen store shelves here when those cards were "current".... The only 9600Pro I could find locally was the "PC & Mac Edition"...


    To my knowledge, there was no Mac compatible All-in-Wonder 9600Pro...

    Back in the day, they were popular. Now, they are like looking for "hen's teeth".
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon ATI Graphics