Sign in with
Your question

Radeon Hd 5670 for gaming?/dual display help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 14, 2011 3:10:24 AM

All right so for starters I just started playing games on my pc so im general ignorance of the topic should be expected.

OK so im in need of some advice and general help in regards to my resolution setting,
and im wondering how my HIS IceQ Radeon HD 5670 1 gig will preform under the stresses of gaming.

My.... Rig?? it was pc i bought from QVC.com. I bought a new power supply, 450 watts, and stuck this GPU in it. :/ 

MSI K9N6PGM2-V Socket AM2

AMD Athlon II X2 255 Regor 3.1GHz

HIS Radeon HD 5670 IceQ 1Gb

4 Gb DDR2 Ram

So how do you guys think this will fare against games like Fallout 3, assassins creed brotherhood, BFBC2, dead space 2, etc.

I dont know what resolutions to say im running at because im waiting for a iSymphony 24" Diagonal High-Def. 1080p LCD TV.

So, what res should i be running this thing on? Id like to set game settings to high, but most likely they will have to be at medium to run smoothly at higher res.

thanks guys,

Oh and please fill free to mention any other information you think i can use.
July 14, 2011 3:28:11 AM

At the 1080p resolution of your TV you are looking at medium settings for most of the games you listed. You might be able to creep into high in Fallout 3 if you use no Anti Aliasing. BFBC2 is probably going to give you the most trouble. It is the most graphically demanding game on the list, and is also very CPU heavy, it's recommended to have a quad to try high settings on that game. On low or medium you should be okay, though you probably will be looking at about 30FPS as your framerate, and it may dip lower if things get really busy on the screen.

If you want high settings on a 5670, 1280x720 would be more appropriate, though depending on the TV, you may take a big hit in picture quality if you go that route.
m
l
!