Sep 14, 2011
I have a computer as follows:
Gigabyte 890GX MOBO
12GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz
AMD Radeon 6950 2gb (XFX)
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black edition
750 watt Corsair PSU
1tb Seagate Barricuda 3gbps SATA

Essentially my issue is according to my system activity monitor my ram is at 30% usage, cpu at 60% usage, and I am still only getting 30FPS on ultra in WoW (for testing purposes in a main city) with 16x aa and 8x ms.

Are there any monitoring apps similar to Coretemp for my HD and GPU. I'd like to see what is holding me back.

Also what could I do software wise, anything i need to unlock or do to my CPU/GPU I have CCC set to have the program decide, and I am not sure how to tweak CPU settings

ALSO: My windows experience index rates my computer as:
7.9 Graphics
7.9 Gaming graphics
7.9 Memory
7.3 Processor
and a whopping 5.9 for data transfer!

So essentially my problems I need help with are:
PC Monitoring app (GPU/HD/CPU/RAM) (I tryed cpuz and similar apps, couldn't get a usage %)
What could be throttling my gaming performance?
What are some tools that I can use or tricks I can do in CCC or similar app to optimize my performance. (I notice in CCC it says im in balanced power mode?)

Thanks!

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Unless your running more than 7200rpm HDD your windows index will most likely always be 5.9.

HWMonitor is a good hardware temperature and voltage monitoring tool if that's what your after. GPU-z and CPU-z also work.

To change from balanced power mode to performance:
Start > Control Panel > Power Options > Switch to "High Performance" mode.

Your system shouldn't be limited anywhere however, all components look good together and nothing should be holding another back. Your max FPS is generally mostly determined on your GPU's. Your CPU isn't bottlenecking since its only at 60% and RAM is far far far from bottlenecking at only 30%. The GPU can be the only thing holding you back.

--------

Edit:

Copy and paste this into a google search "crossfire 6950 wow fps". Or this link might work: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=crossfire+6950+wow+fps&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=0&redir_esc=&ei=52xwTvygLISYOrrxjI4J The top 2 links (both links to battle.net forums) a couple of other people appear to be having the same issue. I'm on a work machine currently so I cant get onto the links myself to check. Maybe a fix in there though or some suggestions as to why the performance is limited.