jon_the_faun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
GTA: San Andreas...26 fps with a 6970 and crossfire disabled. How dis could beeee? I understand its an old game, but this cannot be correct.

jon_the_faun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Hmm. I've been reading up on some forums, and many people harbor the opinion that all the AMD processors currently out on the market bottleneck the 6970s. Hopefully Bulldozer fixes that issue.

derty583

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
When I attempted to play s.a on my crappy acer asphire laptop eith no gpu worth mentioning (apparent integrated graphic memory) years back im sure i would have got more fps than that lol .AFAIK gta games are quite bad ports.

I'd recommend testing other games. GTA isn't a good game to base performance on. There might be a problem, there might not.

Just because it's old doesn't always mean it will run well today. I remember playing a game called Beyond Divinity several years ago. I kind of god bored of it before I finished. I've since tried to play it on 2 different machines, including the one listed below. However, with my current system, the game runs like complete crap. As in 5-10 FPS bad.

It could just be that it was too old and didn't run well on win 7. It could be they used the hardware in odd ways that current hardware isn't designed to be used. I really don't know. I've had similar experience with other games. Gothic 3, a several year old game still plays like crap on most all machines today.

Do you have any other games that you play? Have you run any benchmarks? Share some other experiences.

l1qu1dm3t4l

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Thread Resurrection!

Just wondering if anyone had any luck here?
My specs arent far off from Jon's and i am having huge problems with ANY game period.
just installed this 6970 and im seriously thinking about sending it back for a 560ti
This is insane, there should be no problem here, it benches fairly well, and the WEI gives it a 7.9.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2311985

i just dont get why i run 28 - 35 FPS on all the new games i play (Skyrim, BF3, and RAGE) When my 5830 ran them all mostly fine.
I used the same settings, i wanted to see how many extra FPS i got on similar settings.

ive updated the drivers for everything, checked the voltages (i even upgraged to a new PSU to be sure it wasnt that.)
I've even tried old driver versions...
i am pretty much at the end of my rope before i ship this thing off...