New build - BSOD when playing games online

Ckates15

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Thanks in advance for any help...

I recently completed a new gaming computer but when playing battlefield 2 online I'll randomly get a bsod requiring a restart. I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting this problem. My build is as follows...

MB- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU- Intel 2500k no OC
RAM- GSKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Vid Card- GIGABYTE GV-N560SO-1GI (maybe my problem? This comes factory overclocked to 1000mhz)
CPU cooler - Corsair H60

My CPU temps are idling around 29-32c and during gameplay are up around 50-55. I have most of the video settings maxed out and gameplay is smooth while playing. Sorry if this is too vague...

gabeochu

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Check Windows Event Viewer. Look for warnings and critical errors. If you BSOD'd, it'll be in there. Look at the errors leading up to the criticals(stop signs)
I had the same problem playing online and it ended up being the LAN card needing a driver. Heavy internet traffic caused it nutt up and BSOD.

Hope that helps.

Ckates15

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
I was able to play for 30 minutes last night without issue. I updated the LAN driver and removed gigabytes easy tune software as another site suggested this was causing a software conflict. I'm gonna try and put in a longer session and see if it's really fixed. Thanks to all who helped