Sign in with
Your question

New build - BSOD when playing games online

Last response: in Systems
September 14, 2011 2:24:55 PM

Thanks in advance for any help...

I recently completed a new gaming computer but when playing battlefield 2 online I'll randomly get a bsod requiring a restart. I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting this problem. My build is as follows...

MB- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU- Intel 2500k no OC
RAM- GSKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Vid Card- GIGABYTE GV-N560SO-1GI (maybe my problem? This comes factory overclocked to 1000mhz)
CPU cooler - Corsair H60

My CPU temps are idling around 29-32c and during gameplay are up around 50-55. I have most of the video settings maxed out and gameplay is smooth while playing. Sorry if this is too vague...
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2011 11:31:32 PM

Whats your PSU?
m
l
September 15, 2011 3:54:34 AM

Check Windows Event Viewer. Look for warnings and critical errors. If you BSOD'd, it'll be in there. Look at the errors leading up to the criticals(stop signs)
I had the same problem playing online and it ended up being the LAN card needing a driver. Heavy internet traffic caused it nutt up and BSOD.

Hope that helps.
m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2011 11:16:06 AM

I Have a 650w power supply. I'll check the lan drivers cause I run fine when playin single player. Thanks.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
September 16, 2011 5:45:52 AM

The PSU isn't an issue. GabeOchu gave some good advice as well. I would also check the mini-dump for info on the BSOD.
m
l
September 16, 2011 10:45:51 AM

I was able to play for 30 minutes last night without issue. I updated the LAN driver and removed gigabytes easy tune software as another site suggested this was causing a software conflict. I'm gonna try and put in a longer session and see if it's really fixed. Thanks to all who helped
m
l
!