Best Graphic card for E8400 O.C. @4.05

gramzy0

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
Hello
I have E8400 O.C. @4.05 cooled enough on a GA-EP45T-DS3R GigaByte Motherboard, and a ATI 4870 512MB , and 2*4 GB Corsair 1600Mhz buss running on 1500 speed due to O.C. and i have PSU 650 Watt only.
I play Age Of Conan , Battlefield Bad Company 2 , and just preordered Battlefield 3.
i am not Moving to Core i# technology soon , maybe one year at least.
which is the Best Graphic card that i can buy to deal with Online gaming , only? i have a 1600*1050 resolution or something like that , i might buy a LED TV 42 and connect it to play BF3. (don't tell me to buy a new pc instead the TV, i need a tv like that in all cases).
One important thing, is that the main reason for upgrade is Battlefield 3, i know what that game need, i need to know since both Nvidia and ati will lunch the Nvidia and Ati will let the new 6XX and 7XXX at the end of this year ( as some site say), when i gona buy at the end of this year what the parameters in the GPU that work with my CPU and won't make a bottleneck, so i will have the options to chose with knowing why i chosen this.
Last thing, many ask the same question , but I keep thinking that maybe the new cards in the 6xxx and 5xx were not tested or compared when others advice people like me to go for the 5xxx ATI and the 4xx Nvidia.
Thankx

sepayne21

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
the gfx card does not bottleneck the cpu. it is the game that determines whether or not the cpu is a bottleneck. what you should test is to lower your eye candy on the games you play. If the framerate is high enough/smooth game play, then your cpu is fast enough for the game. In this case, you can buy the fastest gpu you want and turn up the gfx settings to meet your satisfaction. However, if you cannot play the game at lowest eyecandy with smooth gameplay, then your cpu is not up to the task to play the game and there isn't any gpu out there that will fix this.

manu 11

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
whats your budget, you have a pretty nice cpu out there.
with a 650 w psu, you can go with high end models like gtx 5xx or hd6XXX.
is your psu non branded or has brand like antec corsair, xfx, seasonic etc.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I've got an e8500 and a GTX 460 in my HTPC connected to a 42" LCD and it seems very well balanced. Mine is only clocked at 3.2 though and my ram is only 1066, so you could probably get something faster like a 6950 or a 570 and still not see much of a bottleneck. Cant say for sure about BF3 since it's not out.

And the reason people recommend 4xx or 5xxx cards is because they are cheaper than the new cards and there's not a huge difference at least on the Nvidia side. Don't get a radeon 5xxx card unless it's a really good deal though, they have a very hard time actually using DX11 features and the 6xxx are a big improvement.

gramzy0

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008

Understode, I am using windows 7 64bit , i think its none brad PSU , anyway , My CPU used to run after last format everything , even "Age Of Conan" in less than 50% load, but now , both Vedio card and CPU go up to 100% , i admite that my noob AVG died ,and didn't reinstall it since 2 months.
Can the death of my Anti Virous have such impact on load on both vedio card and CPU , btw i play more than 9 houre a day , i play hardcore PVP, so i play in Low graphic resolution all time to get best performance.
I think i am gona buy one of these i hope u advice:-
ATI 6950
ATI 6870
ATI 560
But! i ll buy it after BF3 release , prices gona drop. (i hope so :) )
thankx for reading and replying

sepayne21

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
I'll admit I'm a bit of an nvidia fanboy, (did you mean nvidia gtx 560ti?) ati 6950 and gtx 560ti trade blows (6950 is a little faster), but if I were buying in that price range, I think I'd stick with nvidia (b/c i'm a fanboy)... if you were talking to an ati fanboy, he'd say 6950. Both cards are good, so either way you'll be fine.

TRENDING THREADS