ASUS P8Z77-V, Can't install Graphics driver

sherlockwing

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hi, I recently migrated my system(3570K based) onto an ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard and everything have been running fine, except when I try to install the driver for my iGPU(HD4000) either from Intel or ASUS this shows up:

HD4.png

What could be causing my issue, every other facet of me system is running fine except this.

sherlockwing

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I found that the Bios had iGPU multimonitor turned off probably because I booted with my Graphics card instead of the iGPU, enabled that an now no problems.

Except the AI Suite II is still a pain, Fan Xpert 2 would constantly fail to start because some registry issues, seems like my tune-up utility program really don't like them.

sherlockwing

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I figured out that after reading a few responses on the ASUS Tech forum, the enraging thing is even though this have been an issue in June and they still haven't fixed their coding issue now in September:

Author: Adr Posted: 6/21/2012 10:21:00 AM

^^ Just because my name is Adr I came to give great news to the people that are having issue with Asus software not letting Fan Xpert 2 install (because they relay too much on registry entry >.> REALLY BAD IDEA!)

Anyways ^^

Step 1: Uninstall Fan Xpert 2-
Uninstall Asus Fan Xpert 2 by going to start->All Programs->Asus-AI Suite II->Uninstall.exe It'll ask what you want to uninstall. Just select the Fan Xpert 2. Give it time as it uninstalls the program it’ll then ask you to restart. Go on and restart.

Step 2: Shut down Services-
You would think that uninstalling the programs would clean up the service? Well you guess wrong lol. Go to start->run->type 'services.msc' without the ''and then hit enter->Find the Asus services AsusFanControlService and right click it. Hit Stop. If you don't see it, keep looking or skip this step.

Step 3: Optional delete more- I do not know if this step helped or not (I have a feeling it did not, but just in case) once you have stop the service you can now delete the folder it was in. Go to the following location: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService' and delete only that folder.

Step 4: Remove the entry in the registry-
The next step is really important you followed the first two steps right, so please make sure you did em and that you restarted your computer after the uninstall. Do the follow manual To do it manually: go to start->run-> type in 'regedit' and enter. On this screen, you need to navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\AsusFanService(if this don't exist at that location skip this step) and delete that entry by selecting the entry and hiting delete on it. *Note, only delete the AsusFanService entry and leave everything else alone... please exit the program once done. Then restart your computer for the settings to take place.

Step 5: Reinstalling-
Download the newest version for it at the website. Once downloaded, unzip it and go to the Setup.exe and just check the Fan Xpert 2 to be installed. Once it's finished, it'll ask to restart. Go on and do so.

There you go ^^ should install right now. This will also work for when someone misuses a registry cleaner also. This might even work for other issues with the Asus software...

if you want me to make a hot patch for the most command non-working ones let me know. It took me a few days to understand what had happen and how to fix it. I end up calling Asus, but was told the only way to fix it was to restore my pc :( I question why I would need to do such thing and was given so many weird answers that I just end up having to study how their program worked.

>.>; They really need to lay off the registry coding or make sure their coding is safe from registry cleaners or from registry cruption.

Guess I will have to layoff registry cleaner or manually select which registry I want to clean until ASUS fixes this issue.

Update: The method I quoted above have fixed my Fan Xpert2. I turned off automatic maintenance in tune-up utilities so that the registry won't get screwed up without my notice. Using tune-up utilities registry checking I found a single registry error, the same one that caused my Xpert2 to malfunction:

If you have Fan Xpert2 installed and run a registry cleaning program like Tune-up utilities make sure you disable automatic maintenance and check for this registry when it present you with a list of registries to clean.

ASUS.png

If this show up, don't one click clean the registry, make sure you uncheck this registry on the maintainance window to prevent it to from getting deleted as it have been proven in my case that deleting this cause my Xpert2 to Malfunction and refuse to load.