...-GSKILL RIPJAWS X 8 GB RAM
-WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB BLACK 3.5" HDD
- Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech MX518 Mouse
-TP-LINK TL-WN781N 1 wifi
NETWORK CARD
-ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard
-COOLERMASTER STORM ENFORCER Case

and fortunately the company i bought off put it together .Before I bought I researched that the
gpu was hdmi compatible so i thought cool all i need to do is plug it in to my HDTV with hdmi cable.
But there seems to be no hdmi port on the gpu, being the noob i even tried plugging the hdmi cable into
Display port .Now i am beggining to believe that i need some sort of adapter. How do i connect it to my tv with hdmi cable.
TIA

Solution
Perhaps I should've been more specific, your best bet is to get a Dual Link D (digital) DVI to HDMI.
Adapter, DVI male to female HDMI
OR
Cable, DVI male to male HDMI
Ether way as long as the DVI is Dual Link it will support resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 (dependent on your HDTV's max res.) and aslong as the DVI is digital it will support audio too.

That adapter will get the video to your TV, though you'll still need to send the audio through a 3.5mm stereo to R/L RCA plugs or use an optical audio or coax audio cable from the motherboard to the TV.

jeepster50

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Perhaps I should've been more specific, your best bet is to get a Dual Link D (digital) DVI to HDMI.
Adapter, DVI male to female HDMI
OR
Cable, DVI male to male HDMI
Ether way as long as the DVI is Dual Link it will support resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 (dependent on your HDTV's max res.) and aslong as the DVI is digital it will support audio too.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.