Sign in with
Your question

PC DOESNT START UNLESS IT IS COMPLETELY COOL.

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
December 15, 2011 10:19:51 AM

I AM GOING THROUGH A REALLY WEIRED PROBLEM . EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE , IT'S JUST THAT WHENEVER I TURN OFF MY PC IT DOESN'T START IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS .I MEAN I NEED TO WAIT FOR ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES TO SUCCESSFULLY START THE THING AGAIN . IT SOMETHING LIKE I HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO COOL DOWN TO NORMAL ROOM TEMPERATURE . I TOOK NOTE OF THE TWMPERATURE IN THE BIOS AND IT WAS NEVER MORE THAN 38 DEGREES ,AND MOBO TEMP AROUND 24 DEG. I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I COULD .
I RESEATED EVERY COMPONENTS I COULD FIND ON THE MOBO .
I REPLACED THE BATTERY .
APPLIED THERMAL COMPOUND .
FORMATTED THE CMOS.
CLEANED ALL THE COMPONENTS.

THE PC IS 6 YEARS OLD P4 PROCESSOR .AND I FEAR THERE COULD BE SOME HARDWARE ISSUES .
AND YES WHEN I POWER IT UP IMMEDIATELY AFTER SHUTDOWN EVERYTHING WORKS FINE : FAN ,HDD AND CDD MAKE THEIR USUAL SOUND ACCEPT FOR THERES NO BOOT , EVEN THE MOTHERBOARD SCREEN DOENT SHOW UP + NO BEEP.
I DID NOT DO ANY OVER-CLOCKING OR ANY OTHER SETTING IN THE BIOS. PLZ GUIDE ME.
PS :SORRY 4 MY BAD ENGLISH.

More about : doesnt start completely cool

a c 85 à CPUs
December 15, 2011 10:32:01 AM

gut feeling, bad psu. Do you know anyone with a spare psu that you can swap. Next choice is bad mobo, looks like it is getting quite old, what make and model are both the psu and the mobo?

your english is fine, but please stop SHOUTING especially in bold, I don't even think there is a word for that, its horible to read and will not get people to answer any better.
m
l
December 15, 2011 10:39:21 AM

thanks for replying and sorryyyyyyyyy !!
i never did this thing before .
I have already tried with another psu ,so no luck there .
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2011 10:42:51 AM

motherboard is asrock p4i45gv . and what's up with this cooling thing because everything works just fine after that.
m
l
December 15, 2011 10:51:28 AM

Agreed,

Sounds like a bad PSU or motherboard. If the power supply is spinning, then the next possible thing is the motherboard. They are only rated to last so many "hours" typically or so many years. Recommend as a future purchase of a ASUS board, Look to some reviews for the best choice. Top end boards in my opinion.
So much in fact they guarantee so many hours of operation at 60 degrees C. (which is quite hot), so imagine how long it should last at regular temps.

Almost never the CPU will be the issue. unless it overheated at one point causing damage It is possible the ram could be bad... You could try booting with one ram stick, and then rotate them to see if one stick is causing the issue. ie: a slot went bad possibly.

Also... Remove all component power sources and cabling from devices such as Hard drives, and dvd rom devices... If it boots up fine several times normally, it very well could be the PSU going. Had that happen once when i removed a second HDD, and the thing wouldn't boot normally until everything was disconnected with exception to the post items needed. RAM, CPU, Video Card, PSU, etc.

I gave my mom a old P4 system from work that was sitting around collecting dust, the thing sounded weird, and had some post boot issues as well. I suspected it was a motherboard problem, which is too bad. It happens... Time kills everything ;) 
m
l
a c 1079 à CPUs
December 15, 2011 12:27:25 PM

Please don't type in all caps!
m
l
a c 85 à CPUs
December 15, 2011 12:40:05 PM

are any capacitors on the mobo (small cylinders typically) bulging or looking 'odd'?
m
l
December 15, 2011 3:22:17 PM

What sort of video card do you have? This reminds me of the way my computers used to die when I had Nvidia cards with the "bumpgate" issue.
m
l
a c 95 à CPUs
December 15, 2011 11:36:02 PM

if you have tried another psu and no good, then it sounds like bad caps on the motherboard.
m
l
!