Sign in with
Your question

Help with my gaming pc Build!

Last response: in Systems
September 13, 2011 2:01:55 AM

Hey guys im was wondering if you guys would help me with my gaming pc build. I would like to build a great gaming pc and I do have a build in mind that i will put down, and hopefully you all can help me with my build with advice and tips or other build suggestions! Thanks and her it is.

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 mid tower case. This case I do like and it has a great price range($90) but I really would like to go for a good full tower case, preferably up to $140. Please suggest one if you can!

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.3 GHz. I really like this processor and I've read its great for gaming too. If you can suggest a better one with better bang for your buck than please feel free! $219.99 ($170 at Microcenter!! :D  )

Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. This mobo seem very good to me. Perfect to SLI later in time, lots of space for ram, etc. Any other thoughts? $122

GPU: Zotac AMP! GeForce GTX 560 Fermi 1Gb. This seem like a really good card to me, especially for the price.. but any thoughts or suggestions would help! $220

Memory: G. SKILL Ripjaws X series 8Gb(2x4GB) DDR3 1600. This is great for me I dont see a reason to change my decision for RAM. $52

HDD: SAMSUNG Spingpoint 1.5TB 5400rpm. I just chose this one because it was like $50. It got good reviews it seems fine. I know its not a Caviar Black but im not sure what kind of difference that makes, even in gaming. If you have thoughts or suggestions on this please tell me!

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply. This PSU seem like a great deal especially for $120. If you dont think its enought let me know or if you just wanna suggest another!

Drive: I'l either get a Blu-ray or just a $25 cd drive. I have a PS3 anyway so probably just the cd read+write drive.

Thank you all. My build will probably be from $850 -$900. Please help and suggest if you feel that there is something better i can get for my money or if im doing anything overkill or I need to beef up my build! Agin it will be a gaming pc. Probably playing BF3/ Rage / Skyrim/ others. Thank you

More about : gaming build

September 13, 2011 4:24:53 AM

Above good choice for game and other suggestion :
- CPU Cooler like Corsair H100
- SSD for system
- Soundcard like Asus Xonar / Creative X-Fi
- keyboard + mouse Gaming ( Razer )
- Logitech Z-5500 Speakers
September 14, 2011 2:02:21 AM

Thanks alot. Il definitley try to fit the H100 into my budget i want it very much. Il also definitely be getting a razor gaming mouse, maybe the deathadder, or the Cooler Master inferno. Is the soundcard really necessary? and how much are they? Because i have bose surround sound and a reciever for my ps3, could i use that or do i still need the soundcard.. Thanks!
Related resources
September 14, 2011 2:05:18 AM

if your ear doesn't like sound from onboard .. get Good sound card
September 14, 2011 7:34:58 AM

hqgaming said:
Thanks alot. Il definitley try to fit the H100 into my budget i want it very much. Il also definitely be getting a razor gaming mouse, maybe the deathadder, or the Cooler Master inferno. Is the soundcard really necessary? and how much are they? Because i have bose surround sound and a reciever for my ps3, could i use that or do i still need the soundcard.. Thanks!

:sol:  as henydiah said, for gaming u need a decent sound card, if you use onboard sound chip it is bottle neck experience of worst sound effects for gaming, xonar is better in some 3d games. :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 
a b 4 Gaming
September 14, 2011 6:21:53 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!