Sign in with
Your question

MSI MS-670 2E Replacement

Last response: in Motherboards
September 26, 2012 6:55:06 AM

Hi Guys,

I've got two new hard drives 2TB and 3TB and need them working with my existing linux system but unfortunately, my current motherboard which is listed below doesn't recognize the drives. I want to replace the motherboard with something more modern and would like that to fit in with the existing CPU (AMD Athlon 3200+).
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K8T-Neo2-F--FIR.html

Can someone suggest me a motherboard that I can opt-in for.

Cheers,
D

More about : msi 670 replacement

a b V Motherboard
September 26, 2012 7:15:50 AM

Sorry, but Socket AM2/2+ boards are not for sale anymore, unless you can source one second-hand. Socket AM3 boards will not support your CPU since they are mechanically incompatible.

Best option would probably be to get an entry-level AM3 board + CPU + DDR3 RAM. You could even go for the Socket FM1 APU with on-chip graphics.
m
l
September 26, 2012 7:31:29 AM

That's bad. What is the best entry level high performance board any specific models from ASUS etc. I need gigabit network and sata performance. This CPU will be a headless linux system. I want to keep the costs to a minimum.

Cheers,
D
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 26, 2012 7:46:11 AM

The options are legion; it depends on how much you are willing to spend. For starters, you can check the Asus website and sue the "Compare" feature to pick a few boards and compare their features. If you find a likely model, check your local retailer for prices.
m
l
!